Server Priority

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
NoTolerance

Server Priority

Post by NoTolerance »

I have two server accounts on two different backbones. I set the priority of each to 0.

I download a release.

If the articles cannot be completed on server A, will Sab then try server B? Or does it just randomly start with server A until your max connections are reached and then move onto server B until those max connections are reached?

If I set server A to priority 0 and server B to priority 1, will it then try to complete on server A first, and then go to server B only for missing articles?

I'm trying to determine if it even makes sense to pay for access to two different server groups if there's no real logic built in to make sure I can complete my downloads.

Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Server Priority

Post by safihre »

First all articles will be tried on the server with the lowest priority.
Then, it will directly try the second lowest priority (server B) when the lowest priority (server A) doesn't have it.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
NoTolerance

Post by NoTolerance »

Thanks for the explanation. So basically, it really doesn't make sense to pay for more than one provider because there's no way to "mark" an article as bad on the lowest priority provider - it's always going to try to grab that article from there first. Is that correct?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Of course it will first try the lowest sever. Because usually people use an unlimited server as their primary, and a block account as a secondary server that should only be used in case the unlimited server doesn't have the download.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate