Error on one of two Mac computers: exceptions.AttributeError

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
HBmark

Error on one of two Mac computers: exceptions.AttributeError

Post by HBmark »

Please help me. I love snbnzbd and it loves me, except for one of my two computers. The good news, is I have two Mac computers, desktop and laptop so I can eliminate many issues downstream. Laptop works perfect from day 1, Desktop worked for one month, then simply quit downloading. I use same Giganews account. I can easily compare computer and application settings files, they are identical as far as my skills can determine.

The issue: I launch snbnzbd on my desktop and it shows 27 pages of history, and 1 page of Que with all at 0%, 0MB downloaded, 0:00 time. Top bar shows 0kbs speed. I can click on anything and get expected actions, can pause and continue but nothing happens, can access add nbz, wrench, settings, it looks perfect…. it just will not do anything. For months, I have just reluctantly given up using snbnzbd on my Mac desktop computer. After a months use, it refused to recognize anything in the que or manually added nzb file to download. I have tried dumping the Que, same result. Being a rainy day here (Huntington Beach, CA) , it is my mission to solve this mystery this weekend if possible and with this communities help. I have scoured your forums with similar problems, like “What does OSX "exceptions.AttributeError" mean for me?” but no answers.

Both computers are set up identically, same software, same snitch rules, they are as close to clones as you can get. This eliminated some common issues: router firewall, connection to router and internet, app issues, etc.

Working Laptop : MacBook Pro (Retina, 13”, Mid 2014) Mac OSX 10.11.6
Not Working Desktop: iMac 5K (Retina 5K, 27”, Late 2015) Mac OSX 10.11.6

BOTH” Computers:
Sabnzbd Version: Current: 1.2.0 [1be50eb]
Python Version: 2.7.13 (v2.7.13:a06454b1afa1, Dec 17 2016, 12:39:47) [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] [US-ASCII]
Sabnzbd works: Never a issue on MacBook Pro, After a month, suddenly stopped woking on Desktop
Settings Files: Every tab has identical settings on both computers.
Test Connection: Works on both computers
Other NZB clients: Work on both computers.
Sabnzbd via Safari web browser.
Log files are identical, with the exception of “attributeError” posted below on Desktop iMac5K.
Neither are “Paused”
Both computers run “Little Snitch” filter. Compared rules, they are identical. Turned off filter, restarted computer and filter many times.
Restarted Sabnzbd multiple times, and computer multiple times.

Log file Error on Desktop iMac5K (These are missing from log file of laptop)…..
Except for these, the log files of both computers line up line by line with identical content (except for obvious expected unique content).
2017-02-17 15:47:18,728::INFO::[osxmenu:491] [osx] stateUpdate Exception <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
2017-02-17 15:47:18,728::INFO::[osxmenu:500] [osx] iconUpdate Exception <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
2017-02-17 15:47:18,728::INFO::[osxmenu:519] [osx] pauseUpdate Exception <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
2017-02-17 15:47:18,728::INFO::[osxmenu:534] [osx] speedlimitUpdate Exception <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
2017-02-17 15:47:18,742::INFO::[osxmenu:491] [osx] stateUpdate Exception <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
2017-02-17 15:47:18,742::INFO::[osxmenu:500] [osx] iconUpdate Exception <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
2017-02-17 15:47:18,742::INFO::[osxmenu:519] [osx] pauseUpdate Exception <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
2017-02-17 15:47:18,742::INFO::[osxmenu:534] [osx] speedlimitUpdate Exception <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Error on one of two Mac computers: exceptions.AttributeE

Post by shypike »

Please try release 1.21RC1. See announcements.
HBmark

Post by HBmark »

Thank you Shypike for trying. I installed 1.21RC1.
1. It eliminated the Exceptions.AttributeError messages. I was optimistic you nailed it, as this was my only deviation clue that I could dig up...... but
2. Program remains same. no freezes, I can toggle pause, start, all menu items function, but it just will not initiate any download.

My first Apple was the Apple][. This one has me stumped. No logical reason, it should not work as it did for over a month and as my laptop has from day one. I am open to any thoughts you guys have.

Maybe when i removed older version last week, I did not get all associated files (cashes and preferences). Could someone id all files (and locations) to remove and I will try a fresh install.

Below is log screen cap after upgrade.

postimg.org/image/asswclwzn/
HBmark

Post by HBmark »

Happy Dance.... It's working again. I tried different ports, and poof, it was back to normal. Thanks for all your help.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Great, the problem indeed sounded odd!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate