Missing articles - tell SABnzbd to stop downloading

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Shinnyx

Missing articles - tell SABnzbd to stop downloading

Post by Shinnyx »

Hi,

I'd like to step up my game a little further and add a block account to my usenet experience. Right now I'm having usenet.farm unlimited and I had a cheap sub to astraweb. I still get a lot of incompletes and it drives me crazy. The thing is a lot of the time my main provider (usenet.farm) doesn't even have a single connection downloading stuff. All the articiles seem to be missing from the provider and my shitty plan from astraweb takes over the whole download. That's why I was considering a block from another backbone. But I've observed the way SABnzbd handles downloads and I must say I'm afraid of adding a block account. Since my current main provider doesn't find much at all, I'm worried that my block would have to take over the whole thing and sometimes just won't be able to complete the file due to missing articles. -- SABnzbd often download 60-70% of a file and then stops the download due to missing articles.

I would'nt want sabnzbd to download 5-6gb of a file, to end up failing to complete the download and lose the bandwith from my block account. Is there a way to tell SABnzbd to stop downloading as soon as it finds out none of my providers have the missing articles?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Missing articles - tell SABnzbd to stop downloading

Post by safihre »

Your question is answered on reddit: activate Check before downloading.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate