Strange filenames after download

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mastermind007

Strange filenames after download

Post by mastermind007 »

Hello,

I am using Sab and SickRage. I notice over the past few weeks that TV episodes are being downloaded and placed in the completed downloads folder for SickRage but the filenames are like "ae2c0e8006bf0c8ec3d3379148a951847b2c5f39.mkv". These files just sit there. Once the view them to see what the show is I rename them and manually post process them.

I do not know if this is a bug is either Sab or SickRage or if I have something setup improperly. I am not using any post processing scripts.

Sab is setup like this:
Category: tv2
Priority: Default
Processing: Default
Folder/Path: E:\Complete Downloads\Sickrage*
Indexer is blank

SickRage has post processing enabled and the NZB Search settings are correct (URL, Sab API, Category, etc...). It also tests successfully.

Anyone have a thought as to what could be wrong?

Thanks
mastermind007

Re: Strange filenames after download

Post by mastermind007 »

Here is a little more detail on the current issue.

I watch as the download was complete and Sab started the "Moving..." phase. I had both my incomplete downloads and completed downloads folders open.

Once the move was complete Sab deleted its files but the file that ended up in the completed folder, where SickRage would then pick it up was named "2fef7842a17c46818e2aee2d674c33ae.mkv".
So it has something to do the the moving aspect. Just not sure what to check or change.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Strange filenames after download

Post by safihre »

This is how the poster uploaded it.
If you want sabnzbd to rename it, you can turn on Sorting. This will use the NZB name to do the renaming.
Usually sickrage should be able to handle this though, since it also uses the NZB name.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate