Unable to connect since latest update

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
suckmykiss

Unable to connect since latest update

Post by suckmykiss »

Still a newbie when it comes to trouble shooting!

Version: 2.0.1 [be5bebb]
Install-type: Not sure, its been awhile! Python and something else, I believe.
Skin (if applicable): Glitter
Firewall Software: None
Are you using IPV6? No?
Is the issue reproducible? Yes

Since the latest sabnzbd update, Sonarr has been unable to connect to sab. I've been looking for the last few hours and so far have not come up with any solutions. I've tried changing my port in both sab and sonarr, also changing my host from 127.0.0.1 to localhost and back again, no dice. Have restarted both programs.

Sab processes the nzb just fine if I manually add it, but for some reason Sonarr can't connect to it. This did not happen prior to the update. Any help is very much appreciated!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unable to connect since latest update

Post by safihre »

How do you access the sabnzbd interface yourself? Sonarr and sabnzbd are on the same device, right?
Because the way you access the interface, the address you type in the Safari browser bar, that should be the address Sonarr should be using.
Also, did you update sonarr recently? It does auto updating as far as I know, but there was an API change of Sabnzbd that requires a newer version of Sonarr, but that version came out a while ago already.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
suckmykiss

Post by suckmykiss »

safihre wrote:How do you access the sabnzbd interface yourself? Sonarr and sabnzbd are on the same device, right?
Because the way you access the interface, the address you type in the Safari browser bar, that should be the address Sonarr should be using.
Also, did you update sonarr recently? It does auto updating as far as I know, but there was an API change of Sabnzbd that requires a newer version of Sonarr, but that version came out a while ago already.
Hi! Thank you for your answer! Yes, they are on the same device. :)

I actually did not notice there had been a change to how I access Sabnzb until you pointed it out. It is now on the 127.0.0.1:8085/sabnzbd/ and sonarr is still on localhost. I just copied and pasted that into my sonarr settings and it is now giving me the error "must be valid host without http://". I rem :-\ oved the /sabnzbd/, same error. Removed :8085, error still there. :-\

I checked on my updates it does look like I have one to install- version 2.0.0.4753. I normally keep it pretty up to date.

I can update that if you think it will help and can also provide screen shots of my settings, just not sure how to upload pictures in posts. Thank you again!
suckmykiss

Post by suckmykiss »

So I just did the sonarr update and went in and tested sabnzbd and it said connected. I was excited for about two seconds until I checked the logs and saw this monster.

Code: Select all

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x000f1] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-bug-33585-hotfix/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.4/mcs/class/System/System.Net.Sockets/Socket_2_1.cs:1251 
  at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) [0x0019b] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-bug-33585-hotfix/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.4/mcs/class/System/System.Net/WebConnection.cs:213 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00065] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-bug-33585-hotfix/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.4/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:946 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.0.0-bug-33585-hotfix/bockbuild-mono-4.0.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.0.4/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:958 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000fb] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:63 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.ProcessRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdSettings settings) [0x0003a] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:186 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdProxy.GetHistory (Int32 start, Int32 limit, System.String category, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdSettings settings) [0x0004a] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\SabnzbdProxy.cs:120 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.Sabnzbd.GetHistory () [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Sabnzbd\Sabnzbd.cs:119 : Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings
suckmykiss

Post by suckmykiss »

Downloads seem to be completing and moving to their correct folders...
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Localhost or 127.0.0.1, should be the same. But maybe you can indeed set in Sonarr the host to 127.0.0.1 and the port to 8085, that should do it.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate