Incorrect free space

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
maczones

Re: Incorrect free space

Post by maczones » November 2nd, 2017, 10:34 pm

Same problem here. Using Mac with OS 10.9.5 so it has not been updated for a very long time. Started noticing this problem after updating sabnzbd from version 2.0 on up. It appears to me this is an sabnzbd issue in how it reads the resident's drive free space allocations. What I did notice is if I am downloading a file and I select the pull down menu to change the +Delete to Download, the free space stated on sabnzbd screen will increase in free space size but still not match exactly what the hard drive free space is. In my case there is an 11GB difference,

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre » November 3rd, 2017, 3:20 am

Unfortunately we have no idea what is going wrong.
We just call the underlying platform functions that are available to us in Python, as you can see from the rest of this forum post there seems to be going something wrong with how macOS gives us this information. The commands we used haven't changed since SABnzbd 0.6 or even older.

jafalex

Post by jafalex » June 1st, 2018, 8:37 pm

Captivating thread.

Just here to say I'm having the same issue. Mac Mini on MacOS HighSierra 10.13.5, Synology DSM 6.1 (2x 4Tb).

No problem when NAS is mounted via AFP but when using SMB I get ~500gb avail in SAB, but dh -f and other scripts made available in this thread report the correct 4Tb avail.

I also have 2 internal drives, which SAB can fetch the correct free space when used for the incomplete folder.

I'm happy to lodge something with Apple if there's even a place for this type of issues?

5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath » January 28th, 2019, 9:53 am

Still happening for me, OSX 10.14.3, sab directory is on the Mac's hard drive so no NAS paths or anything. There is a difference of about 500GB :-)

sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander » January 28th, 2019, 10:12 am

5stringdeath wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 9:53 am
Still happening for me, OSX 10.14.3, sab directory is on the Mac's hard drive so no NAS paths or anything. There is a difference of about 500GB :-)
So ... no NAS at all? Everything local on your Mac? And incorrect space reported? My best guess: you have different partitions, and SAB and you are looking at different partitions.

What is the full output of "df -h" on your Mac?

So

Code: Select all

df -h
Post full output here.

5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath » January 28th, 2019, 11:25 am

Never mind sab is reporting what the system is reporting which is wrong .. and I have to figure out :-)

cheers

nm - not the right forum for that question