Repair failed on a batch download how to continue?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
flyfoam

Repair failed on a batch download how to continue?

Post by flyfoam »

I download files using a nzb search engine. So it's a batch of downloads. SABnzb downloads the files and now tries to par and unrar the files. So one or more files does not have enough pars to repair. Why does SABnzb stop? Why can't it move on to the next file in the batch? Is there a way to manually tell it to continue to the next file?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Repair failed on a batch download how to continue?

Post by safihre »

Because from sabnzbd point of view, the job has failed because it cannot fix it. There are not enough blocks available to ever get this job done.

You can disable Post process only verified jobs (Config Switches) to not fail if some parts went wrong and always continue. Then hit Retry and it might do what you want.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

I'm not sure you understood my issue. I downloaded 20 NZB's in a batch. So there were 20 different sets of files to process. 1 of the 20 was not enough pars to repair the file, so it never finished processing the rest of the 19. Why can't the app move on and to the next set?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

But they were all in the same job (NZB), right?
Or what do you mean? The other jobs are still in the Queue or in the History?

If they were all in the same job, then again: from the app point of view this job can never finish 100% so it's failed.
Repair and unpack are different stages that need to be completed for all files.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

I downloaded 20 different movies (20 NZB files). So it's a set of 20 movies. 1 of the 20 movies did not have enough pars to finish so SABnzb stopped and never processed the rest of the 19 movies which were complete. I know they were complete because I manually unrared them since I could not find a way to get SABnzb to finish processing them. It aborts once it finds a problem with one file.

So what I don't understand is there are 20 NZB's why can't it move on if one of the 20 is bad? These files are not related, they are independent files.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So what are the error messages for these 19 others? Are they in the history with some message?
That's why I asked where the jobs are now, history or queue?
Normally it would never do that of course for seperate jobs.
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

I deleted it but it's happened before. I can download X amount of shows and one or a few may be bad but it always stalls and says "Repair failed, not enough repair blocks". I understand that file is hosed and there is nothing to be done with it. But it won't continue at that point, there are plenty of other files to process but it won't move on. If I click Retry it prompts where to find more par files which is not helping, there are no more par files for that bad file. I think it should move on to next set in the batch.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I really don't understand what you are describing.
You are saying that if you were to add 15 different jobs to the queue and the first one would fail, that the other 14 fail immediately?
This is of course not what would happen and hasn't been reported by any other user.
It will try all jobs seperate and if all jobs turn out to not have enough blocks, all of them would fail one by one after trying them all.
Again, the case is different if all 15 jobs were part of 1 NZB that was added as 1 single download job.

Maybe something is wrong with your setup? What OS and sabnzbd version are you on?
flyfoam

Post by flyfoam »

I use https://nzbindex.nl. I tag multiple NBZ's and then select create nzb. I am coming from newsbin where it would process each file in that batch and if a file was bad move on and do the next one. WIth SAB it downloads everything first and then tries to par/unrar the files. But if one file is bad in that batch of NZB's it stops processing every file.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You should download the NZB files from nzbindex seperate, instead of selecting them all at once.
Indeed sabnzbd will fail a whole job if parts can't be repaired.
Unfortunately we never had the time to implement smart detection when if it can still continue if just a part is damaged. People seem to mainly not use batches, but seperate jobs.