Sabnzbd not accessible after update

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
BounceMeister

Sabnzbd not accessible after update

Post by BounceMeister »

Today i upgraded sabnzbd from 1.1 to 2.1 (latest version, downloaded today) using the installer (not the zip).
System: Windows 10
I use this pc as a "home server" using a standard windows 10, some shared folders and sabnzbd. Nothing speacial.
I access sabnzbd from another pc in my home network.

With version 1.1 i could log out the user on the homeserver, leave the system at login screen, and sabnzbd would still be accessible from all pc's in the network.
Now, with version 2.1, it only works when the user is logged in on homeserver. When i log out the user on homeserver, sabnzbd is no longer accessible.

I followed these steps to set sabnzbd as a service:
https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/advanced/sabnz ... ws-service
and changed the first command to "cd "C:\Program Files\Sabnzbd"", since sabnzbd is installed there automatically.

As i couldn't get this working, i stopped all the services, uninstalled sabnzbd (everything, program and settings), rebooted and reinstalled everything. Then ran sabnzbd locally and set language, provider and folders.

Then i did this:
cd "C:\Program Files\Sabnzbd"
SABnzbd-helper.exe install
sc config SABhelper start= auto
net start SABhelper
SABnzbd-service.exe -f "%localappdata%\sabnzbd\sabnzbd.ini" install
sc config SABnzbd start= auto
net start SABnzbd

Now, i can't even acces sabnzbd when the user is logged in, so in settings the standard port sabnzbd listens to is 127.0.0.1, i changed it to 0.0.0.0. Now i can get to sabnzbd when the user is logged in, but not when the user is logged out.

I have spent three hours on this now, please help.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sabnzbd not accessible after update

Post by safihre »

When installing SABnzbd, did you select it to start at startup in the installer?

Try going into the windows services menu (Run > services) and see what it says for SABnzbd and SABnzbd Helper, check all the settings like Startup Type and maybe set an account at the Log On tab.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
BounceMeister

Post by BounceMeister »

Thanks.
Yes, i selected start at startup while installing.
I deleted the firewall and reinstalled it, then some windows 10 updates were pushed through and now it is magically working again...
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Aaah, the Windows 10 magic! Glad it's working again.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate