Settings rendering in Chrome in SABnzbd 2.1.0 is wrong

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mazeprince

Settings rendering in Chrome in SABnzbd 2.1.0 is wrong

Post by mazeprince »

Hi there,

i tried my best to google/search this problem, but i couldn't find anything related.
I am a long SABnzbd user and it is working beautiful. Since i upgraded SABnzbd to version 2.1.0 on my debian stretch server, i noticed, that the rendering in settings is odd. The top bar lays over the first lines of the settings, for example the new Server button on der Server settings is not visible. I tried Firefox and Firefox is rendering it nicely. So i thought maybe i need to delete cache/sessions in Chrome. But it didn't change the behaviour. Last i tried Chromium, as it uses the same web rendering engine as Chrome and it is wrong in there as well... See the attached screenshots.

Is there something i can do about it in SABnzbd or should i try to contact the Chrome development team?

Have a nice day!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Settings rendering in Chrome in SABnzbd 2.1.0 is wrong

Post by safihre »

It's a slight difference of a few pixels how the text is rendered. Usually don't verify all the languages, but now I will!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
mazeprince

Post by mazeprince »

Hi,
thank you for your quick response! Yes, of course, i did not think about that! I just changed to english and everything is fine!
I was so confused, that there was no mention in any forum about this "problem" and was sure, that it depends on my setup... Seems there are not many germans using chrome and sabnzbd 2.1.0 :-)
Have a nice day, i will check the next release in german again, but maybe i just stay with the english version!
Thank you again!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It seems to be really specific to Debian. I tested this on Windows and Ubuntu and there Chrome renders everything fine.
It really seems to be some weird rendering of either Arial or Helvetica on this specific Debian.

Maybe you can install the Helvetica or Arial font?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate