Truncated folder names in incomplete directory, and hanging download queues

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
glassvial

Truncated folder names in incomplete directory, and hanging download queues

Post by glassvial »

So, 2 problems recently cropping up with sab, I've tried both 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 RC1.

Download queues tend to get almost to the end, then just stall and sit there forever, I let them sit for an hour and they don't move, 0KB/s downloading, and usually within the last few MB of finishing the files, ie. 484MB/486MB downloaded. I thought it was an issue with post-processing, so I tried to tell sab to only download the files and I'd fix them myself, this seemed worked a couple of times, but I tried the same method today and no such luck.

I'm also noticing the folder names in the incomplete folder are truncated, ie: Name.Of.Show.SxxExx.x264-NAMEHERE - except in my example, the "NAMEHERE" is truncated to something along the lines of "NAMEHE" or some other similar truncation.

I'm not sure if these 2 problems are related or not, but they've only recently cropped up. It's not a provider problem, as I've downloaded the exact same files from the exact same provider with a different program and they downloaded fine.

Win10 x64 and latest version of Chrome here.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Truncated folder names in incomplete directory, and hanging download queues

Post by safihre »

Do you have Check before download turned on?
What happens if you remove all your servers and add them again using only basic settings (username/password and priority)? Nothing else.
Could you try this on 2.2.0 RC 1?

The truncated folder names are on purpose and have been used in the incomplete folder for many years, because Windows has a problem with paths longer than 255 characters. So we keep the path in Incomplete folder short, only to restore it when unpacking to the Complete folder.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
glassvial

Post by glassvial »

Check before download is UNCHECKED - should I turn it on, or no?

Can I backup my config somehow before I go mucking about deleting all my servers and having to track down all my usernames and passwords again? If so, I can try that on 2.2.0RC1 next time I have something to download that's acting up.

I never noticed truncated folder names before, I'm running an older sab (1.0.1) on another system and the incomplete folder names are normal, not truncated at all. They're also not super long, if that matters. They're all less than 100 characters.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The whole path name is limited to 128 characters by sabnzbd (since before version 0.7 already), and so it also depends on what your incomplete folder is and if that's already long or short. So that could explain the difference between systems.

The location of the sabnzbd.ini file is shown on the first page of the Config :)
Check before download should be unchecked.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
kwestjones

Post by kwestjones »

I am having the same issue. My pathname is around 76 characters. When I look at the log it says:
downloader:283 Delaying

Any thoughts?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Delaying happens when your cache is full, so when your CPU cannot keep up with decoding and/or writing to disk.