Sub-Queue: Manually add alternate nzb's for item in queue

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
coolhands71

Sub-Queue: Manually add alternate nzb's for item in queue

Post by coolhands71 »

I little background first. I'm hard of hearing so I need English subtitles for everything. So automation tools such as Sonaar and Couchpotato are not that useful for me since I've found them to be unreliable for subs (too many subs are out of sync/missing). I find I have much more success with subs when I manually check the nfo's on my indexer(s) to make sure they have english subs included, before I grab the nzb's. I don't really find this time consuming. Excepts when incomplete downloads in Sab occur, and I have to go back to the indexers again, re-do the same search(es) over again, try to browse and find (yet another) alternate nzb, and load it up in the Sab queue. This get's a little time consuming and frustrating.

To make my life easier, is there a way to manually add one (or several) alternate nzb's to a item already in the download queue. For example, right click on an item in the queue and select "Add alternate nzb" for this particular item, browse to the alternate nzb's I want, and click "add". I was thinking that the alternate nzb's could be added to a kind of "sub-queue" list that is visually located under (and right indented) the original item that was right clicked. This way, if the first (original) nzb fails to download, Sab would try the next alternate nzb from the sub-queue list. If this alternate nzb fails as well, Sab would try the next alternate nzb in the sub-queue list, and so forth down the list of the sub-queue, until a successful download occurs (pausing the rest of the items in the sub-queue list) or all alternate nzb's have been attempted. After this process in the sub-queue completes, Sab would move out of the sub-queue and back into the regular queue to complete the next task on the list there.

Maybe there is already a Sab script that does this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Note: my alternate nzb's usually have the same content, but they would not necessarily have the exact same nzb file names (i.e., because each nzb would probably be from a different release group or post), so I'm skeptical that a dupe check commend would be useful here. But I could be wrong.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sub-Queue: Manually add alternate nzb's for item in queue

Post by sander »