Help with Categories by Usenet Group

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Cogsworth

Help with Categories by Usenet Group

Post by Cogsworth »

Hey all,

So I had SABNZBD all set up and running perfectly until I had to re-install Windows 10 yesterday...so now I have also re-installed SABNZBD and I've got everything working again except Categories. Previously I had four categories all set up to save files in different folders based on which Usenet group they were downloaded from, but I can't for the life of me get this to work automatically again. I have to manually select the category. Is there a particular syntax for entering the Usenet group names in the Category settings? Or a switch/setting I'm missing somewhere else to make this work?

Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help with Categories by Usenet Group

Post by safihre »

How did you enter them right now? You set them in the 'Indexer / groups' colum, right?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Cogsworth

Post by Cogsworth »

Yes, I have entered them in the Indexer/Group column. I did find my old SABNZBD.INI and I have categories set up exactly as I did before, which was working.
For example, I have a music category with the terms *mp3*, *sounds* in the Indexer/Group column which used to automatically put downloads from alt.binaries.mp3 and others into the music category, so they would get saved in a music folder. But since re-installing, downloads are not getting automatically assigned to categories. I feel like I'm missing some other setting?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That should work, just to be sure: these NZBs come from those groups?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Cogsworth

Post by Cogsworth »

safihre wrote: September 12th, 2017, 1:15 am That should work, just to be sure: these NZBs come from those groups?
NZBs come from NZBIndex, which has always worked in the past.
Cogsworth

Post by Cogsworth »

Nevermind, problem has been solved!

It was a setting in my browser extension SABConnect++ that forwards NZB files to SABNZBD. Thanks for the help!!!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Good to know!