Too little diskspace forcing PAUSE

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
rwx

Too little diskspace forcing PAUSE

Post by rwx »

I keep getting the error message listed on the Subject line of this post.

I've got room on my local hard drive for the download but it looks like sabnzbd is trying to download everything at once which wipes out any memory I've got.

What I'm trying to do is download a series. I've never had this problem before with other series.

Since I'm new to the game I figure I'm missing something.

I've tried to toggle "Pause downloading during post-process" but that doesn't seem to work.

I thought once the download happened then the unzipping would happen then it would go back to downloading but it's not doing that at all.

Any thoughts on what I can set to alleviate this problem?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Too little diskspace forcing PAUSE

Post by safihre »

In Config Folders, have you set anything for Minimal disk space?

The option does indeed what you describe, if you also turn on Only get articles for top of the queue, then really only 1 download will happen at once until it's extracted.
You can also try disabling direct Unpack (depending on where the complete folder is located, on the same disk as incomplete?)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
rwx

Post by rwx »

I do have minimum free space set for 1g.

I will toggle the "only get articles..." setting to see if that helps.

I have a hard drive that I download to. Then after all is unpacked and renamed then it's placed on another hard drive. Does the unpack happen on the same hard drive that I downloaded to or does the unpacking go directly to the other hard drive? I would think it would do everything that needs done on the local hard drive first and then send it off to the second drive.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It downloads to IncompleteFolder, then it unpacks from IncompleteFolder -> CompleteFolder.
If DirectUnpack is enabled (Config>Switches) then the unpacking IncompleteFolder -> CompleteFolder happens while you are downloading.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
rwx

Post by rwx »

Gotcha.

So what you recommended works. The problem I have now is that sab only downloaded one episode of the series that I'm trying to download. I'm using Sonarr to retrieve the series. In there it says that all the episodes of the particular series I'm trying to download are downloading. However, when I pull up the queue in sab it only show the one episode as being downloaded. It's not downloading the next episode. Is there another setting I have to tweak in order for the download to happen after the unpacking happens.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Sorry I don't understand? The others are stuck in the Queue and don't download?
And the Queue is not paused?

Can you enable Debug logging in the Status Window and then after a bit click Show Logging?
rwx

Post by rwx »

Sonarr says that the files are being downloaded. However when I check the queue in SAB there isn't anything in the queue other than one episode that I downloaded earlier. I would expect to see the next episode populate the queue window and once it's done mark it as being successful then the next episode populate and so on and so forth until all episodes are downloaded. And no the queue is not paused.

how would i go about getting the log file so where you can see it?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

This sounds like a sonarr mismatch. In Sonarr delete the 3 jobs, then make sonarr search for new ones. Normally this wouldn't happen.

Downloads are added by Sonarr normally all at once, not 1 by 1. Maybe it mistakingly thought the download was a multipack.
rwx

Post by rwx »

I deleted the series along with any files associated with it in Sonarr.

I then re added the series. This time all episodes are downloading at the same time. So, it's doing exactly what you said it would in your last post. However, since I'm limited on memory can I not just download one episode at a time rather than all 15 at the same time? Is there anything in SAB where I can set that up?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

No, of its all part of 1 NZB/job you cannot split it.
rwx

Post by rwx »

So the only option is to do one or two episodes at a time it would seem.

However, I did look at my incomplete folder and it was 56GB. There are subdirectories in there that reflect each episode of the season. One of those subdirectories was 56GB . I'm finding it hard to believe that a one hour show is 56GB but that's what it shows. Maybe that's the problem right there. That said I did the get the "too little diskspace..." error this morning.
rwx

Post by rwx »

One other thing I looked at. Under Sonarr I had the max file size too high for Bluray-1080P. I'm going to set that for 15GB and see if that helps. Some of the files that I searched for were upwards of 85GB which is insane for a 1 hour show.
rwx

Post by rwx »

UPDATE:

Since I've changed the max file size I've not had any more downloading issues. Especially considering the settings that were recommended by safihre.

Thanks again for all the help.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I also posted an issue for this at Sonarr a few months ago:
https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/1996

Because they have no setting to limit the max size of a whole job. So if you say 1 episode can he 1Gb Max, they will still download a 20Gb season pack in 1 job.
Or for the first and last episode of a season, they allow twice the Max size (because often shows combine the first 2 or last 2 episodes). Something we have to work around I guess!
rwx

Post by rwx »

Interesting. But, like you said we can get around it if need be. Thanks again for the help.

I should start another top on this but since I have your attention perhaps you can help me with another issue I just ran into this morning.

Nothing was downloading so I hit regen and now I get "Lost connection to SABnzbd" on the screen. I also get "this site can't be reached". The address is http://127.0.0.1:8080/sabnzbd/".

I haven't done anything outside of the settings you recommended.

So, now I'm unable to to download a thing. I've rebooted several times to no avail. I've tried to run in safe mode and I get the same error. I checked to see if I was connected to my VPN and I am.