Downloads sit in queue not processing 2.3.0

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
gnomehole

Downloads sit in queue not processing 2.3.0

Post by gnomehole »

I noticed since 2.3.0 or when direct unpack was implemented, downloads will sit completed in the queue for a long time before they start unpacking. This happens with or without direct unpack enabled.

If I download 25 files, only maybe one will start unpacking before the rest are downloaded... then they start to unpack slowly with time between each one.

Is this normal or is there a setting to get it to unpack sooner?

I tried enabling "Pause during post processing" but this doesn't help either.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Downloads sit in queue not processing 2.3.0

Post by safihre »

Sorry I don't understand completely.
So they stay in the Queue, before going to the History where the unpacking starts?

If so, this is usually a problem with 1 article still needing to be fetched. If your Server timeout is 60 seconds, it can take that long before a stalled connection is aborted and that final article is fetched.
Every 90 seconds there is a double check to make sure we don't wait too long for this final article.

What do you mean with 'Only 1 will start unpacking before the rest is downloaded' ?

Simplest thing to test is to just make a backup of your sabnzbd.ini (location listed on first page of Config), shutdown sabnzbd, delete the sabnzbd.ini and the sabnzbd.ini.bak and start from scratch with only basic settings (1 or 2 servers, using default settings). See how it performs then.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
gnomehole

Post by gnomehole »

Attached is a screen cap of what I mean..it will go on like this for pages if I have a lot to download = Queue showing "100%" green as being downloaded, and none are in the History showing completed/verifying/unpacking etc.

It used to be once a file was 100% green it would flip to the History and start unpacking. Now they all just stack up. only on occasion will one "release" and start unpacking.

Its almost as if there is a 30-60 minute required break between unpacking is allowed for any one download.

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

In the Status and Interface settings window, how much of the Article cache it says is used?
In the same window, when you go to Sever connections and click Show all connections, in the active connections, are the 100% jobs listed in one of your servers? How many servers do you have?
When you hover over a job and click the Folder icon and then hide the finished files (the 100% button). What files are still left?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Besides the questions above, it might be good to try 2.3.1RC1 from this version: https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabbuild/rel ... 1-deadlock
gnomehole

Post by gnomehole »

So far 2.3.1RC1 hasn't fixed the problem. No connections to any servers, all files are 100% completed. It just slowly filters files into unpacking every 10-15 minutes or so. Shows 1MB (4 articles) in the used cache (when I just checked after pausing) but I have probably 80 files sitting at 100% completed not being processed.

I have 4 servers, was happening when I had 3 and also when I was using 2 with one only used as a backup.

Hovering over the Folder icon and hiding files leaves nothing left to download in any of the files.

CPU on the Mac is sitting at 85% idle... so it doesn't appear to be other processes slowing things down. I also tried a fresh install on another Mac with same results.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Oke then can you enable +Debug logging in the Status Window. Wait a bit while this happens, and then click Show Logging and send me the log at [email protected]

I suspect the reason being that SABnzbd is still busy finishing the decoding and writing of the file to disk. It will only be send to post-processing after those things are done. It is possible that something is slowing either the decoding down (you would see high memory usage in your task manager) or the writing to disk is slowed.