"Corrupt RAR file" almost always these days

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
douggw

Re: "Corrupt RAR file" almost always these days

Post by douggw »

So far, things are downloading much better without any errors. What is happening also however, is some of the downloads don't ever get renamed and moved into the proper directory. They just sit there in the "Completed Download Folder" where SickRage is supposed to see it. Nothing has changed, but now SR isn't grabbing, renaming and moving the file.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Just to recap:
Post process only verified jobs should be turned On. If you turn it off, sabnzbd will always mark jobs as success even though they might not extract and it will always run the post processing script.
There are posts that used ParPar to create par2 files, this software turned out to be broken making all these downloads lost.
Otherwise it's still most probably the normal case of not enough blocks available to repair.
For people that send the logs to me, I hope to get back to you today :)

Regarding Sickrage, check in the history by clicking on the item if the Sickrage script is actually run. If not, it might be some Category setting that got changed causing the script no longer to be applied.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I analyzed the douggw's log files and there seems to be some problem with virusscanner or malware scanner.
SABnzbd tells the operating system to delete the RAR files after they are downloaded, but due to some other software blocking SABnzbd the files are not deleted immediately.
SABnzbd checks after unpacking if there are still other files left to unpack, because the files that should have been deleted are still there, it thinks it needs to extract more files. This causes a problem, because a few seconds later the file is actually deleted by the operating system.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
douggw

Post by douggw »

So I turned off my Norton anti-virus and I no longer get the message "Corrupt RAR File" when I click on the file and now get everything is OK:
DownloadDownloaded in 2 mins 8 seconds at an average of 6.4 MB/s
Serversnews.newsdemon.com=847 MB
Repair[98428544caeb4a4cbe36a34310af7268] Quick Check OK
Unpack[98428544caeb4a4cbe36a34310af7268] Unpacked 1 files/folders in 50 seconds

BUT - the end result is the same. The .mkv file is just sitting in my "Completed download folder" and the name of the file is a long string of numbers and letters. I can play this file and it plays fine. It's just not getting renamed and moved to the correct folder. This is happening to every download now. Another thing I've noticed also, is all the ones that never get renamed/moved show up as "Snatched" in SR and not "Downloaded".

I'll see if I can get some logs.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Might just be some update of Norton that changed it behavior.
It's a common problem on Windows though.

Regarding sickrage I think there's 2 things to try: make sure sabnzbd is added correctly in sickrage, maybe remove and readd.

Try removing the * from the Folder setting of the Category, so that per job a folder is generated. Sickrage can then identify the show based on the folder name, since indeed the filename is useless.
douggw

Post by douggw »

Time for an update. At Safihre's suggestions, I changed a few things. First, made sure my download download directories were different than my watched folders, removed the * from the Category, generated a new code API key for Sab/SR, and excluded all my Sab/SR folders from Norton. Not sure if all or a few of these did the trick, but things are back to working as expected. The first thing I noticed was when the folders were excluded from Norton, the "Corrupt RAR file" error went away. That left things to get "snatched" but never "downloaded" and the rest of the things I tried fixed that.

So, thank you for all your help/comments (Safihre) and others too!!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

:)