"Corrupt RAR file" almost always these days

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
douggw

Re: "Corrupt RAR file" almost always these days

Post by douggw »

Leave it to me to come up with a weird error ha ha!!

I did have debugging on for the logs.

I can send you the complete log and/or turn debugging off and generate logs and send those?

Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If you could leave Debug logging turned on, then send me the logs when you get this "Unable to find xx" errors, these are probably unrelated to his.
Also, do you have "Post process only verified jobs" turned off?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
chrismox

Post by chrismox »

I've been having the exact same problem in the last week or so. Prior to that, many years of trouble-free repairs.

The offending downloads all have PARs which fail to repair and have all been created using ParPar 0.2.2

Like you, I have tried the downloads using other clients, so I suspect that this is not simply a problem with SABnzbd, but I thought I'd add to the voices.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Thanks for reporting, good to have confirmation :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
douggw

Post by douggw »

I have Post Process Only Verified Jobs turned ON. Should it be off?

I turned it off and retried all the failed entries. They seemed to download so I'm going to wait a day or two to see if they unpack and get moved to the correct directory etc..before sending the logs to see if this takes care of the problem.

Thanks!
seanvree81

Post by seanvree81 »

Seems to work better if I turn off "Post-Process Only Verified Jobs" but of course, nothing gets unpacked.

Is there a temp workaround right now?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The Post process only verified jobs should be ON. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done, it turns out it is a bug in the software that created par2 files.

I tried to make a public statement on the Usenet reddit, in the hopes that the posters notice this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... _due_to_a/

Again, this only applies when in the log it says that the creator of the par2 files is ParPar.

Also I think in some of the cases I saw in the log, maybe it's a propagation problem. Try setting Propagation Delay to 60min in Config Switches.
seanvree81

Post by seanvree81 »

@safihre

it's not a propagation problem for me. I tested with a bunch of old releases about 75% of them failed.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That might still be regular problem with not enough blocks being available. Only when the logs say "Failed to repair" or "Repair failed" (depending on platform) its this bug.

If you think downloads are failing that should work and it's not this problem, enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens send me the log at [email protected].
seanvree81

Post by seanvree81 »

@safihire,

Correct, those are the errors I'm getting. I'll send you the full log.

```

Nov 08 03:32:29 SABnzbd sabnzbd.log: 2017-11-08 03:32:28,339::INFO::[newsunpack:1125] Par verify failed on \\?\C:\Media\PlexDownloads\Incomplete\NZBs\[HorribleSubs] Boruto - Nar\[HorribleSubs] Boruto - Naruto Next Generations - 32 [1080p].mkv.par2!
```
douggw

Post by douggw »

Yes, I found the same thing as seanvree - downloads now download, but they just sit there and don't unpack. I will turn it back on and get the logs as well.

Thank you
thorrrr

Post by thorrrr »

Just upgraded to latest version and still 60% of my downloads are "Corrupt RAR file" never seen it this bad.
I have debugging on and i cannot understand the log no mention of Corrupt RAR file or Fail.

Didn't want to post as the log is full of API keys so not sure what to do.

I have emailed log to [email protected]
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I will inspect the logs when I get back to my pc.
Again, unfortunately if it is the problem described previously then there's nothing to do. Other than get an extra usenet account as a backup provider.
In any case it's most likely not sabnzbd related, but will inspect the logs first to be sure :)
thorrrr

Post by thorrrr »

safihre wrote: November 8th, 2017, 12:10 pm I will inspect the logs when I get back to my pc.
Again, unfortunately if it is the problem described previously then there's nothing to do. Other than get an extra usenet account as a backup provider.
In any case it's most likely not sabnzbd related, but will inspect the logs first to be sure :)
Hi

I already have a backup Server all this has started in the past 2 months see here https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao6WCX2miTCJhrRDg_U2JOdd5Rfu7A
douggw

Post by douggw »

So stranger things are happening. Tonight, I downloaded about 13 files and all but 2 completed just as they used to. I still get a random warning about a specific rar file that can't be found - it happens daily - same file, but the downloads or 90% of them worked. I turned back on Post Process verified jobs and I also turned on "Download all Par2 File" and it really slowed things down, but it seems to be working now. I'm going to watch it more carefully over the next few days and see how things go..........