Directory issues with NAS and SABnzbd via Docker

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
dasnico

Directory issues with NAS and SABnzbd via Docker

Post by dasnico »

Hi All

Recently sussed how to install apps with Docker on to my WD My Cloud PR2100 via ssh - pretty cool and honestly quite shocked at how long it took me to figure out.

I attempted to install SAB today via Docker with these instructions:

Code: Select all

docker create --name=sabnzbd \
-v <path to data>:/config \
-v <path to downloads>:/downloads \
-v <path to incomplete downloads>:/incomplete-downloads \
-e PGID=<gid> -e PUID=<uid> \
-e TZ=<timezone> \
-p 8080:8080 -p 9090:9090 \
linuxserver/sabnzbd
and while the installation was successful, I’m having issues pointing it to certain directories/shares on my PR2100. I’ve currently deleted and removed the SAB image and container until I can figure out what is happening - I think the first part of the problem is happening during the ssh container creation.

In terminal the instructions tell me to issue this command:

-v <path to data>:/config \
which in this case I thought it would be:

-v /shares/public/software/SABnzbd:/config \
shares/public/software is where I have ssh’d other apps like couchpotato (which I haven’t started to set up yet).

Now, once SAB is up and running and I go in to set everything up, it’s telling me my default base folder is “/config” and files aren’t downloading to the correct folders as a result. If I tell it to go to ‘shares/plex/movies’ then SAB is automatically thinking it’s ‘/config/shares/plex/movies’. I’m guessing SAB is assuming that “config” is the root, in which case I’d need to re-install Sonarr and CouchPotato into this directory, which then would mess up my already existing share structure for Plex:

/Shares/Plex/Movies
/Shares/Plex/TV

I guess I’m asking is there a way to get SAB, Couch and Sonarr to look outside of their own directories? And if not, what’s the best way to re-arrange my existing file structure so everything talks to one another?

Thanks so much!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Directory issues with NAS and SABnzbd via Docker

Post by sander »

If I tell it to go to ‘shares/plex/movies’ then SAB is automatically thinking it’s ‘/config/shares/plex/movies’. I’m guessing SAB is assuming that “config” is the root,
Yes, SAB uses that as relative path ... unless in the SAB GUI you thell the absolute path which STARTS with a "/"
BUT: a docker container cannot see/get outside the directory it was assigned to it (which is by default: nothing)
dasnico

Post by dasnico »

Thanks, sander!

What's the best way to get everything up and running then? Must they all be installed in the same directory/share as the media files plex is using?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I don't know. I know SABnzbd and docker, but not Plex, Couch nor Sonarr; I've never used that.