sabznbd says it can't access completed download folder, even after chown 777

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
LollyGagger

sabznbd says it can't access completed download folder, even after chown 777

Post by LollyGagger »

I installed sabnzbd on Ubuntu 16.04, but it won't allow me to select a completed download directory, returning 'Cannot create complete_dir folder /media/downloads/complete"

Log shows: 2017-11-03 02:36:21,302::ERROR::[misc:524] complete_dir directory: /media/downloads/complete error accessing

The directories were mounted and available prior to installing sabnzbd.

To avoid any issues (I know it's not ideal) I ran chmod -R 777 on /media/downloads/complete, but I still get the same error. htop shows sabnzbd running as user "mozab" (a sudo user), and I ran the chmod -R command as the same mozab user.

Not sure where else to go from here.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: sabznbd says it can't access completed download folder, even after chown 777

Post by safihre »

Are you sure the directory-path is correct? I remember there being users where the lowercase/uppercase difference actually mattered.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
LollyGagger

Re: sabznbd says it can't access completed download folder, even after chown 777

Post by LollyGagger »

Yeah Linux does tend to complain about upper/lowercase, but I'm certain that's not an issue here. I just used the pop-up folder picker after you click on "browse," so it knows the exact path.

Would it matter that the completed downloads path is not in the same tree as the "Default Base Folder" path?

Default Base Folder path: /home/mozab
Completed Downloads Folder: /media/downloads/complete
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Indeed it can be any folder.
Have you tried on the command-line:

Code: Select all

touch /media/downloads/complete/test
Before starting SABnzbd?

I saw your other post from before: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22749&p=112352#p112352 where you also had directory permissions/path pronlems.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
LollyGagger

Post by LollyGagger »

Haha, man... my post history is so embarrassing :P

The test failed which means user mozab doesn't have access, but like I said, I chown -R 777'ed the entire thing as user:mozab. So I have no idea what else to try.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It failed due to permissions, or because the path doesn't exists? ;)
LollyGagger

Post by LollyGagger »

Must have been a permissions issue. I reinstalled as root and the folder selection went fine. I still receive "write error, disk full?" errors about 5% of the time for some reason, but at least it's progress.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Are you on 2.3.1? We fixed some false-positives for the write-errors.
LollyGagger

Post by LollyGagger »

Yup, on v2.3.1. I can live with 5% for now :).

Thanks!