Nothing works!

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Bprohs

Nothing works!

Post by Bprohs »

I’m trying to set up my Unraid system. I ‘ve had it working in the past, but just got it fired up again after a couple of years not using it, Well things have changed since then. Now there is a Docker and a whole bunch of new apps. My problem is that I now can’t get anything to work. I have Sabnzbd that appears to be set up properly. I also have Sickbeard, Couch Potato, Headphones, Radarr and Sonarr. None of them work. I’m using Astraweb and NewsDemon Newsservers, and various indexers. Nothing seems to work.
Sickbeard show shows snatched but that’s as far as it goes, Any help at all would be appreciated.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nothing works!

Post by safihre »

One app at a time. Sabnzbd works you say, so you have tried manually to download things and they show up in the complete folder?
Then let's try sickbeard, can you test the connection to sabnzbd from within there?
Can you see logs for sickbeard what it grabbed and detected etc?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Bprohs

Post by Bprohs »

Thanks Safire! You’re exactly right, I think I’ve just been confusing myself by chasing too many things at once. I’m not used to all the new features in Unraid and I think I downloaded way too may apps without making sure any of them worked properly.
I did check the folders, and I have a couple of episodes in the incomplete file but none in the complete file. I think I really need to start over and even look at my file (share) structure too.
One other thing that is really confusing me. I keep getting the following errors:
2017-11-04 08:51:39 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching omgwtfnzbs, skipping: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, instance found
2017-11-04 08:51:23 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching Usenet-Crawler, skipping: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, instance found
2017-11-04 08:51:17 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching Womble's Index, skipping: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, instance found.
Please let me know if you know what this means.
Thanks again!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

This is not a SABnzbd error but I guess Sickbeard? Maybe you can search their forums for it, we only do SABnzbd things :)

As a sidenote: Sickbeard has been dead for a long time, there is now SickRage but actually Sonarr is much, much better.
Couchpotato is also dying, but the newer software Radarr is still in beta stage, although I have heard good stories.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Bprohs

Post by Bprohs »

Good information...Thanks for taking the time to respond. I’ll get rid of Sickbeard and couch potato and just go with Sonarr and Radarr. I have them both on my Docker.