Resolved - Sudden issue since yesterday - no downloads will complete

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
secretsauce

Resolved - Sudden issue since yesterday - no downloads will complete

Post by secretsauce »

Hi folks,
Well it looks like this was some sort of DNS related issue. I had noticed that I was unable to get to the Astraweb server when I was continuing testing, and found that since I was using a DNS redirect service for region switching, Astraweb may have been blocking me. Once I switched to alternate DNS, everything started working again.

Odd..

I have been running an older version for some time with no issues. Suddenly as of yesterday no downloads would complete.

They will all get to "100% (417MB of 417MB for example), but then downloading stops. If there are multiple items in the queue, they call get to the same state.

I have tried adding via API as well as manually adding an NZB. I have also updated to 2.3.1 from a 0.7.x version hoping that the upgrade would resolve the issue.

I noticed that by clicking on a queue item, that each item had a randomly named file of 0.1MB listed as being the outstanding file. If i manually delete this file from the item queue, then processing continues and completes.

For testing I chose a random item and tried adding it via an NZB site API call as well as manually adding a downloaded NZB file, both with the same result.

In the test case, the remaining file is called:

059925e9ab548214a943ae8e06u10073.12c

When I download the log file and search for a .12c file, I find 2 references:

2017-11-27 16:29:14,385::INFO::[nzbstuff:515] File <HASH>6u10073.12c - SABnzbd_nzf_CBfKCL added to queue
2017-11-27 16:30:16,250::DEBUG::[nzbstuff:276] Finishing import on "<HASH>6u10073.12c" yEnc (1/1)

Both line items are near the beginning of the NZB import process and then the download continues, and it looks like it gets to the point that it verifies the download and is ready to unpack it

When I check the "Incomplete" folder, the download folder is there and all the RAR files are there waiting to be unpacked.

So from what I can see in the logs, there are no actual errors, but the mystery file is related to the NZB being added as the HASH listed above matches the last 8 characters in the mystery file name.

Prior to this issue, no configuration changes had been made. After it was noticed, I've tried rebooting the server as well as upgrading the SAB system to the latest available for Ubuntu.

Any ideas of what is going on?
Last edited by secretsauce on November 27th, 2017, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sudden issue since yesterday - no downloads will complete

Post by safihre »

This might be mixing of old and new queues.
First finish the queue.
For all these stuck jobs, set their priority to Stop and they will start post-processing.
When all is done and the queue is empty, start fresh like this:
https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/faq#freshstart

If you just add the 1 server using basic settings, can you download files normally then?
If so, start adding things back like before to this new setup.

As you say that your issues started on 0.7.x, it's hard to diagnose since it's so so old. But with a fresh setup we can go on :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate