[Errno 61] (60, '[Errno 5] Input/output error')

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
zatak

Post by zatak »

I get this error

when I test the giganews servers. I don't get the error when I route through a VPN using sabnzbd. I don't get the error when I use another newsreader. Only using sabnzbd. I tried completely wiping sabnzbd and it's ini file for a fresh install. I still get the error. I am using OSX high sierra but the error was also on sierra. help appreciated.actually maybe this is a bug report?
Last edited by zatak on December 8th, 2017, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Errno 61] (60, '[Errno 5] Input/output error')

Post by safihre »

Can you disable logging in the Status and Interface settings Window?

You run using the installer right? Not from sources?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
zatak

Post by zatak »

yes, using installer.

There doesn't seem to be an option to disable logging in the status and interface settings window . just "show logging" which d/l a text log file.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Next to it there is a dropdown menu where you can select the logging level, set it to Errors/Warnings.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
zatak

Post by zatak »

OK done. I notice it prints my password plaintext in the log file like this:

password=<PASSWORD> /myactualpw/"

like that, with that trailing quote and without the slashes
zatak

Post by zatak »

Still have the same issue
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

zatak wrote: December 8th, 2017, 6:11 am I get this error

when I test the giganews servers. I don't get the error when I route through a VPN using sabnzbd. I don't get the error when I use another newsreader. Only using sabnzbd.
Thorough testing ... well done!
zatak wrote: December 8th, 2017, 6:11 am I tried completely wiping sabnzbd and it's ini file for a fresh install. I still get the error. I am using OSX high sierra but the error was also on sierra. help appreciated.actually maybe this is a bug report?
No, not a bug. It's a network problem, both shown 1) by your testing and 2) by the error code 61, which is MacOS speak for connectiong refused.

I don't know if MacOS has Python installed. If so, run the three commands below, and post the output here.

Code: Select all

python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,  socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " 127.0.0.1

python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,  socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " newszilla.xs4all.nl

python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,  socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " news.giganews.com

As refence:

server:~ sander$ python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,  socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " 127.0.0.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 61] Connection refused

server:~ sander$ python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,  socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " newszilla.xs4all.nl
200 newszilla.xs4all.nl NNRP Service Ready (dreader36) (posting ok)

server:~ sander$ python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,  socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " news.giganews.com
200 News.GigaNews.Com
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Oh, and for reference:

server:~ sander$ time python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,  socket.SOCK_STREAM);  s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " 144.44.44.44
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
socket.error: [Errno 60] Operation timed out

real	1m15.751s
user	0m0.022s
sys	0m0.013s
server:~ sander$
So, on MacOS:

[Errno 60] Operation timed out
[Errno 61] Connection refused

... you the "[Errno 61] Connection refused", so connection is actively refused
zatak

Post by zatak »

Right but other programs can open a connection to this addr and port. I do have python. Will look at home.

This is also a change in behaviour. I've been using sabnzbd for a very long time. It is recent.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I also see reports that this specific errno 5 is something specific to packaged python programs.
Let's see what Sander's tests reveal.
Could be also some firewall software blocking sabnzbd? Just a guess since we had no other reports and also works fine on our test systems with same macOS version.
zatak

Post by zatak »

ok I ran this
python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " news.giganews.com
200 News.GigaNews.Com

So that seems fine right? news.gignanews.com is my news server

Sander's 2 other tests

python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " 127.0.0.1
socket.error: [Errno 61] Connection refused

python -c "import socket, sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM); s.settimeout(5); s.connect((sys.argv[1], 119)); print s.recv(160); s.close() " newszilla.xs4all.nl
200 newszilla.xs4all.nl NNRP Service Ready (dreader37) (posting ok)

maybe a firewall of some kind will take a look
zatak

Post by zatak »

OK I got it. The VPN is vyprvpn. It was set so that it firewalls sabnzbd unless the vpn is up. that's it, that was the problem. I didn't do it on purpose or even know the vpn was capable of doing that. Anyway, thanks!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Yeah, I'm good at analysis and deduction...
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

:D