Port 8080

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Josepi_153

Port 8080

Post by Josepi_153 »

Total noob here and need some help!! Does Sab need to use port 8080? Reason I ask is when I install the application on my unraid server I cannot access the Web GUI when the port is set to 8080. If I change it to 8081 then I can access the Web GUI. But, in doing so I am having other problems down the road with other things not working and I have a sneaky suspicion it revolves around port 8080. Thanks in advance for any help!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Port 8080

Post by safihre »

You can use any port you like, just change it in the sabnzbd.ini (when SABnzbd is shutdown) or in the interface.
I always run it on a different port myself, works just as well. Just need to tell your other programs to use the right port.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Josepi_153

Post by Josepi_153 »

Thank you for your reply. I actually am trying to change the port in the Sab Web Server setting to 8081 and when I do I will restart Sab and it will default back to 8080. For the life of me I cannot get the port to stay to 8081 which I changed in the unraid application. any ideas?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Probably the unraid application editing the sabnzbd.ini or something.. What does it say in the ini file for port?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Josepi_153

Post by Josepi_153 »

Thanks... I'll look today... I am actually trying to narrow down what my problem is. In short, within Nzb
su when I select a file to be sent to sabnzbd it will state that it is sent to sab to be downloaded but yet when I go into Sab it is not there... Ive tried everything and this port issue seems to be the common denominator
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Instead of making Sab available to the internet, you can also be safer and just use the Cart functionality of the indexer. Then you can add things to your Cart on the website and then in Sab add it as RSS feed.
Josepi_153

Post by Josepi_153 »

Ok... Thanks a ton for your help... the port was changed in the ini file to the port that I assigned sab within the application. The issue with nzbsu still was the same. It says that it is being sent to Sab but nothing.I see the rss feed option that you recommend and I will give that a shot. I did set up sonar and low and behold a search and download went through to Sab and downloaded properly and to the proper place. So am I correct to believe that the issue is probably not with Sab and with Nzbsu? Thanks again for your help
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe if there were some logs from nzbsu that could help, otherwise the RSS will do fine and this way you could prevent your SAB from being exposed to the world.