Configure sabnzbd with NZB SU

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Mystere

Configure sabnzbd with NZB SU

Post by Mystere »

Hello,

Sorry, if my english is bad.
I search to automaticly my series donwload. I download a little 3-4 Episodes every days

After many search i have find sabnzbd with NZB I want free newsgroup. I had choice (nzb . su) (But i can change if you have a better solution ;).
I have create a compte on "nzb . su".

I don’t understand how configure in sabnzbd for use this newsgroup…

Hote : nzb . su (Without space)
Port : 119
SSL : Disabled
ID : XXXXX
Password : XXXXX
Connections 8
Priority 50

Can you help me ?
Where is the problem ?
Where I need to add API KEY ?

TY :D
OneCD

Re: Configure sabnzbd with NZB SU

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

nzb.su an indexer and you don't put indexer login details into SABznbd. Those details (usually along with an indexer API key) need to go into your search application like SickRage, CouchPotato, Sonarr, Radarr, etc... along with the SABnzbd API key so the search program can send any found NZB files to SABnzbd.

SABnzbd is a downloader, so it needs the login details for your Usenet service provider’s server. This is a paid service. Which one did you choose?
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
Mystere

Post by Mystere »

Hello,

Yes after SABnzbd i have SickBeard. The connection between SickBeard and SABndb is good.

if i have all understand.
nzb. su indexer with all files
SickBeard go search in nzb. su all news episodes and send at SABnzbd the files NZB.
SABnzbd donwload NZB files.

If i donwload manually NZB files and import in SABnzbd is ok.

But i dont inderstand what i need to configurate in sabnzbd on tab "Server".

Configuration to nzb. su (ID/PAssword and API KEY) will be in SickBear, isn't it?
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Mystere wrote: December 10th, 2017, 7:48 am if i have all understand.
nzb. su indexer with all files
Correct - but an indexer has NZB files only. NZBs are like torrent files.
Mystere wrote: December 10th, 2017, 7:48 am SickBeard go search in nzb. su all news episodes and send at SABnzbd the files NZB.
SABnzbd donwload NZB files.
Also correct. But, these are just NZB files. NZBs contain a list of articles to be downloaded from a Usenet sever - the actual downloading of articles is performed by SABnzbd. All downloaded articles are then combined into the file(s) you're using all this for. For SickBeard, this will be video files that are TV episodes.
Mystere wrote: December 10th, 2017, 7:48 am But i dont inderstand what i need to configurate in sabnzbd on tab "Server".
That's where your Usenet provider's server details go. As mentioned, this is a paid service. Checkout the list here. These days, you'll need more than one provider (I have 3) and each should be on a different backbone. Once you've signed up for a paid account, the provider will email you details explaining how to connect to their server. These details are then entered into SABnzbd as a “server”.
Mystere wrote: December 10th, 2017, 7:48 am Configuration to nzb. su (ID/PAssword and API KEY) will be in SickBear, isn't it?
Yes, but you'll only quote your indexer account API key if that indexer requires it in order to search their database.

Note: SickBeard is a dead project. Try using a current searcher like SickRage.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE