Speed keeps resetting itself

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Serneum

Speed keeps resetting itself

Post by Serneum »

I used to keep my download speeds relatively low because my internet speed wasn't great and I had a roommate. I basically had it configured to cap at something like 50% of my max speed, which came out to 2.4Mb/s. I recently upgraded my internet and I've tried reconfiguring Sabnzbd almost on a daily basis to try and get my new speeds to stick. I've tried setting the maximum speed to both 14MB/s and 14000KB/s with the percentage speed being set to 50%. Every time I check Sab while it's downloading, it seems to reset the UI back to a max of 2.4Mb/s which is somewhere around 16-20% and I have to manually readjust it back to 50%. I've verified that the config files have the speed and limit that I've configured in the UI, so I'm pretty lost at this point. Any ideas on what I can do?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Speed keeps resetting itself

Post by safihre »

In Config General page, what exactly have you set there for the options Line Speed and Percentage of Line Speed?

It's a bit weird that it resets, maybe you have Scheduler activated?
If you enable Debug logging in the Status window, we could always try and see when the limit is changed and by what.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Serneum

Re: Speed keeps resetting itself

Post by Serneum »

safihre wrote: December 14th, 2017, 1:30 am In Config General page, what exactly have you set there for the options Line Speed and Percentage of Line Speed?
I currently have them set to 14000 MB/s and 50% respectively
safihre wrote: December 14th, 2017, 1:30 am It's a bit weird that it resets, maybe you have Scheduler activated?
D'oh! You're right. I set schedules several years ago to max out on speed overnight when nobody was awake and then to slow things back down during that day. That was the one spot I hadn't checked and I forgot I had set them. That'll teach me...Thanks for the input!