Can't access my usenet service - Timed Out

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
rolapinou

Can't access my usenet service - Timed Out

Post by rolapinou »

Hi all

I come here to request your help as I really can't identify the origin of the problem I'm facing.

Last week, in the middle of the download process, my connection to my usenet server (supernews) suddently broke. Half of the download was done, at the usual speed, and then nothing.

I contacted my usenet provider who told me the service was fine, and my account too.

I was using an old version (0.7.2) of SABnzbd on my main computer and first I tried to install a newer version (2.3.1) on an old laptop I use for tests.
It worked perfectly.

So I uninstalled the very same version on my main computer but it is still not working.

The problem seems to be a delay problem (timed out) as I tried with a wrong password or username and even a usenet provider I don't have an account with and still have an error message concerning delay.
I tried both with (port 563) and without SSL (port 119).
I tried to de-activate temporarly my virus-protection (Avast) but I'm still experimenting delay issue.

Both computers are running WIn7, both are using Avast Free (same settings) and are connected to the same RJ45 switch and I even tried to switch the RJ45 cables with no success.

So the problem is specifically on my main computer. I didn't change anything on it on the hardware nor on the software.

Now I really don't know how to solve this. If you have any clue, I'll be glad to try it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT : I don't use any Firewall except Window's ans I try to disable it ... without any success
rolapinou

Re: Can't access my usenet service - Timed Out

Post by rolapinou »

Hi all
I finally identified the origin of the problem .
In France we use "boxes" provided by your Internet Provider, and which are both modem and router.
A few settings are available for routing functions (I use it to set IP adresses regarding MAC adresses).
I never went to the Firewall section before but I noticed that a rule had been set (automatically I guess) in the Firewall and I don't know how this happened ...
Disabling that rule make me access back to the service !
Thanks for the help !