How do I block duplicates? nzbs that will result in .1,.2,.3 direcories being created

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
biff

How do I block duplicates? nzbs that will result in .1,.2,.3 direcories being created

Post by biff »

For a long time I've had an issue where there are so many duplicates available that I end up burning bandwidth. Most of the time the duplicate detection doesn't really work. I've seen it work a few times but never when I need it. I think it works well when it's actually the exact name nzb and the same asset id. But my issue is with reuploads.

There could be an nzb called Linux.4.Taco-ISO and lets say I download 3 of them with different nzbs. I'll get the directories

Linux.4.Taco-ISO
Linux.4.Taco-ISO.1
Linux.4.Taco-ISO.2

All I want is someway for sabnzbd to say, hey in this case I'm going to create a .1 directory so I should stop. It really is as simple as the name of the directory or nzb. The reason it duplicate detection currently doesn't work is of those 3 nzb files I mentioned. They are all completely separate creations and re-uploads. So yes sab is doing the right thing as they are different. But I don't want it to because there are alot of duplicates.

any ideas?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How do I block duplicates? nzbs that will result in .1,.2,.3 direcories being created

Post by shypike »

So far, we've on;y implemented some extra protection for series, based on Season and Episode.
But still that only works once a specific episode is successfully downloaded.
So if you get three versions at once in the queue, no duplicates will be detected.
Later ones will be.
If you need something more advanced, use a front-end like Sonarr.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How do I block duplicates? nzbs that will result in .1,.2,.3 direcories being created

Post by safihre »

Or use a Pre-Queue script that checks your Complete folder for similarly named jobs that already finished:
https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/scripts/pre-queue-scripts
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate