How can I make SickRage re-search for a TV episode automatically?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
paulrhyan

How can I make SickRage re-search for a TV episode automatically?

Post by paulrhyan »

Hello to the group. I have been a loyal SAB user for many years now. Here is my current setup: I am running SickRage that is tied to my NZBplanet account. SickRage kicks the .nzb to SAB for download. I really like this setup and I don't want to change it since it is really humming right now.

The only issue I have at the moment is SickRage will find a .nzb and kick it over to SAB but sometimes the download will fail (usually incomplete posts). When I add a new TV show to SickRage I always set the quality to 'ANY'. For the most part I don't care about the quality since I rarely view a TV episode more than once and at the end of the season I usually delete the entire season to make room for next season.

Here is what I would like to do. If a TV episode download fails, SAB tells SickRage that the 'download failed please try to find a different quality'. SickRage will then try to snatch the next available .nzb of any quality. It would not surprise me if there is some kind of script for this but I don't know where to find it. If this request is possible could somebody shoot me a link?

Thanks.

PR
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How can I make SickRage re-search for a TV episode automatically?

Post by safihre »

Switch to Sonarr or check the Sickrage settings, it can do exactly what you want in the newer versions.
We don't make Sickrage, so you'll have to ask in their support forums how to get it setup correctly :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate