Corrupt RAR File

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Apollyon

Corrupt RAR File

Post by Apollyon »

I've just recently got started with using Usenet and SABnzbd, and I'm having some issues where I'm getting the error "Corrupt RAR File" quite often. It's a bit strange because it seems to be random RAR files. If I re-download the same .nzb, the RAR that was corrupt the previous time will work but it'll be another RAR file that is corrupt this time. Occasionally re-downloading the same .nzb it'll unpack successfully, but that's usually just for smaller downloads that failed previously.

I'm running SABnzbd on unRAID using binhex's docker container (binhex-sabnzbdvpn).

Any idea what may be causing this and how I can go about fixing it?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Corrupt RAR File

Post by safihre »

Double check that your par2 is setup correctly and that you are downloading proper files.
You should check in the logs if there is anything for Starting Par2.
Or check in the history window by clicking on the job name if any repair was done or maybe no par2 files were found?
It can also just be bad NZB's that list a lot of crap files. Are you using an indexer or a free service like binsearch or nzbindex?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

How can I check to see that par2 is setup correctly? It doesn't look like there is anything with Starting Par2 however, but it is doing a quick check of all the .rar files and since it's okay it's deleting the .par2 files.

Code: Select all

2018-03-08 22:36:20,873::INFO::[newsunpack:1088] Quick-check for <HASH>1b48e97 is OK, skipping repair
2018-03-08 22:36:20,875::DEBUG::[misc:1184] [sabnzbd.newsunpack.par2_repair] Deleting file /data/incomplete/Thor.Ragnarok.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264.1-SPARKS-Obfuscated.2/<HASH>1b48e97.par2
I'm using an indexer (nzbgeek).
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Could you send me the whole log and the NZB at [email protected]? I can give then feedback here.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Looking at the log it seems these downloads are really just damaged.
I suggested to update the par2 in the hope this might benefit, because it looks like a relatively old one is used.