Error message: Error "[Errno 13] Permission denied:

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Tutts

Error message: Error "[Errno 13] Permission denied:

Post by Tutts »

Hi
I keep getting this error message on every movie I download.

Error "[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'\\\\?\\D:\\Movie Download\\incomplete\\Den.of.Thieves.2018.720p.WEB-DL.H264\\4372734678768778867.part10.rar'" while running rar_unpack on Den.of.Thieves.2018.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO

It started a few days ago, although everything unpacks and the movie is all ok, I still get this message.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how do I rectify it.
Thanks
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Error message

Post by safihre »

Try again but disable any virusscanners or other security software like Malwarebytes.
They interfere with SABnzbd's ability to manage and delete files.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Tutts

Post by Tutts »

I disabled Malwarebytes and everything is working fine.
Many thanks
Tutts
Tutts

Post by Tutts »

Hi
For some reason I am getting this error message, although everything is unpacking ok.

ERROR 3 hours ago Error "[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'\\\\?\\D:\\Grabit Cache\\Pacific Rim 2 Uprising 2018 HC HDRip XviD AC3-EVO\\Pacific.Rim.2.Uprising.2018.HC.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.part23.rar'" while running rar_unpack on Pacific Rim 2 Uprising 2018 HC HDRip XviD AC3-EVO
Immunity

Re: Error message: Error "[Errno 13] Permission denied:

Post by Immunity »

As of tonight, April 19, 2018 - Windows Defender seems to be flagging SAB's auto-unpack process as some sort of cloxer.d!cl trojan script resulting in an Error 13 permission denied, despite the fact that everything unpacks successfully.

I'm on Windows 10, running version 2.3.2 of SAB.

MS must have updated their definitions or something, as I've never had this issue before. The rars were clean, and it seems to be triggering on everything, no matter what I grab via SAB.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yeah we heared this more today.
Try to add your Incomplete and Complete folders to the excluded directories.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Immunity

Post by Immunity »

I resolved it by adding my incomplete folder to the exclusion list, but that's not really an ideal long-term solution (on the off chance that a .rar were to extract some shady .bat, .exe or who knows what else).

Is this something that'll be solvable from a programing side, or is it up to MS to update their definitions accordingly?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's MS that has to fix it, and probably will now everybody automatically reports these false positives (Windows defender uploads them).
SteinOAune

Post by SteinOAune »

Enable ACL support
For Share Folder created with DSM version before DSM 5, it is required to convert file system to support ACL.

If Action "Convert to Windows ACL" is available for your Share Folder and you expect SynoCommunity applications to access them, then proceed with conversion wizard before granting permissions to sc-download group.

This did work perfect for me on Synology DS 1512+
timeframe for synology 2 min.