Enable Indexer Integration

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ThereIsNoUsername

Enable Indexer Integration

Post by ThereIsNoUsername »

A few questions regarding Indexer integration in sabnzbd:
  1. Where do I configure the url to the indexer?
  2. Can there be only one Indexer in sabnzbd?
  3. There is a setting called "Enable Filtering" in the Indexing section. It makes a reference to "filtering rules". Where can I find the configuration of these filtering rules?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Enable Indexer Integration

Post by safihre »

The url is a special setting, but most providers that support the function give the url via the NZB (like NZBgeek, https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/extra/indexer-feedback). All you have to do is provide api key.
There is only 1 indexer supported at a time.
If you click the Enable filtering, the rules appear and they are pretty self explanatory :)

Sadly this future is no longer very much used by indexers as everybody now uses automatic fetching and very few people actually browse the indexer websites.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
flcowboy7

Re: Enable Indexer Integration

Post by flcowboy7 »

Actually, while I don't browse the indexer sites a TON, I still use them. But I mostly find myself reporting on releases, whether they've failed (thumbs down) or not (thumbs up). It would be really cool if Sab could integrate with more than one indexer at once. Then we could report on releases no matter which indexer the files came from.

Of course, I can't fathom trying to code that, since sab would have to determine where each file came from to integrate properly. Probably would be a big resource drain.