Freenas Nice Parameters

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jmcguire525

Freenas Nice Parameters

Post by jmcguire525 »

I have a Xeon E5 2683v3 that is being maxed out during verification. I've looked around and tried "-n10" to avoid the issue without any luck. Can anyone recommend parameters that will only use ~50% of the cpu resources?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Freenas Nice Parameters

Post by sander »

You have a 14 core / 28 thread Xeon system?! And all those cores are used by SAB?

Anyway: "during verification"? Is that the par or the unrar process? If so, which one? Those programs have parameters to set the CPU load:

Code: Select all

$ rar | grep -i threa
  mt<threads>   Set the number of threads

Code: Select all

$ par2repair | grep -i thre
You must specify a Recovery file.
Concurrent processing utilises Intel Thread Building Blocks 4.3 Update 1,
  -t<+<n>|0<n>|-<n>>: Threaded processing. The options are:
     -t+ to checksum and create/repair concurrently - uses all available logical CPUs - good for hard disk files - [default]
     -t0 to checksum serially but create/repair concurrently with all available logical CPUs - better for slow media such as CDs/DVDs
     -t- to checksum/create/repair serially - uses a single logical CPU - good for testing this program
     -t+n to checksum and create/repair concurrently - uses n logical CPUs (up to all of the available logical CPUs)
     -t0n to checksum serially but create/repair concurrently - uses n logical CPUs if n > 0, or all available CPUs minus n if n < 0
     -t-n to checksum and create/repair concurrently - uses available logical CPUs minus n, eg, -t-1 on a 6 CPU system will use up to 5 CPUs
jmcguire525

Post by jmcguire525 »

sander wrote: April 29th, 2018, 4:54 am You have a 14 core / 28 thread Xeon system?! And all those cores are used by SAB?

Anyway: "during verification"? Is that the par or the unrar process? If so, which one? Those programs have parameters to set the CPU load:
Sorry for just now getting back to you, it seems to only happen when a repair is needed and then it reaches the verification stage, just experienced it and I had a load of 28 so it certainly uses all of the resources it can.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I would suggest to set the extra parameter to lower the number of threads used, as sander suggested before.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate