Is there any setting in Sab that allows it to download using multiple interfaces?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
hooman1

Is there any setting in Sab that allows it to download using multiple interfaces?

Post by hooman1 »

I'm running Sab 2.3.3 on Windows 8. I have internet access from two ISP's and since Windows doesn't support teaming natively in consumer OS, I had assigned same interface metric values for both the interfaces. Nzbget is using them both to download at any given time while Sab uses only one interface. Sometimes though I've seen it using both of em but it's gone after a reboot.

Is there anyway I can configure Sab to use both the interfaces to download?

Thanks in advance.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is there any setting in Sab that allows it to download using multiple interfaces?

Post by safihre »

I think we can't control this, we let the Python-socket interface do it. Although I never investigated since I don't have such a setup.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Is there any setting in Sab that allows it to download using multiple interfaces?

Post by sander »

safihre wrote: May 1st, 2018, 3:34 pm I think we can't control this, we let the Python-socket interface do it. Although I never investigated since I don't have such a setup.
AFAIK it was discussed here on this forum a few years (related to multiple IPv6 interface, AFAIK), with this result: Technically possible in Python, but too much configuration & too error prone & too much niche in SABnzbd, and let the OS/router handle it.\

EDIT:

Ah, found the discussion: 2014! See here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18156&p=96646#p96551
hooman1

Post by hooman1 »

Thanks safihre and sander. I upgraded to Windows 10 and after assigning same metrics for all interfaces, Sab is able to use them both for downloading.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

hooman1 wrote: July 6th, 2018, 9:40 am Thanks safihre and sander. I upgraded to Windows 10 and after assigning same metrics for all interfaces, Sab is able to use them both for downloading.
Nice. Can you share how? Useful for other users.