failure to launch SABnzbd application

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ederick

failure to launch SABnzbd application

Post by ederick »

I have just downloaded the latest Mc OSX version of SABnzbd, and opened the DMG file and installed the application in the Application folder. When I double click it, it appears to try to open but fails. Appreciate help as I am a newbie.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: failure to launch SABnzbd application

Post by safihre »

If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ederick

Post by ederick »

Thank you safihre, it now opens but is asking for a username and password to log in, which I don't have!!
ederick

Post by ederick »

Because I didn't have a password I quit the application and then tried to re-open it and it won't open!!
ederick

Post by ederick »

The trouble with getting old is your memory is not as good as it should be. Worrying about this problem I found a note I had written in July 2014 where I did for a short period use sabnzbd. I assume I had a password and username but now no record. Is there anyway to recover my old information. Since I have also had several email addresses perhaps that will complicate matters. Sorry to be such an ass. I trade on your goodwill.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Do you have the little arrow icon in the top menu-bar of OSX after starting SABnzbd?
There you can click on it and go to the option:
Troubleshoot > Restart without login.

Now SABnzbd will restart and the username/password will be disabled.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ederick

Post by ederick »

Thank you, Yes I do have an arrow, and I did as you suggested and while in sabnzbd I went to configure and put in a new username and password and saved it. And it has reopened. I have been to and purchased an Astraweb allocation for downloading a movie, but I don't know how to link sabnzbd or what to do from this point on and am a bit apprehensive to close sabnzbd
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Since you run it locally, you don't need a username and password really. Since no one can access it but you on your pc.

Just downloading a movie isn't that easy, usually you need an indexer website that has the NZBs that can be downloaded using Sab. Or use a website like binsearch, but it's not as reliable like a website as NZBgeek for example (there are many!).
ederick

Post by ederick »

Thank you for your help.
bvmarle

Post by bvmarle »

I have the same problem that SABnzbd requires a login and password. First I deinstalled SABnzbd in the hope that at (Re) installation it would give me the opportunity to set an username and password which did not work. Then I ried to follow the advice on the forum to set the username and password in the SABnzbd.ini file at "". But I cannot fins the SABnzbd.ini file. I have Windows 10 and SABnzbd is installed in C:\Programfiles\SABnzbd

Where would that ini file be hidden?

Boenk
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Hoi Boenk,

https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/advanced/directory-setup wil tell you:

Vista/Win7/Win10:

Code: Select all

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\sabnzbd.ini
But ... on Windows ... I believe you can richt click on the SAB icon in the lower bar, and then say "start without password" ...
I have no Windows, so I can't test for you.
bvmarle

Post by bvmarle »

Hi

thanks for the advice. I had already found that page but could not find the SABnzbd.ini file. However I discovered that it was a hidden file. I allowed the hidden file's to be shown and found the file. Problem solved
Thanks Boenk
guitarboy

Post by guitarboy »

I'm trying to help a friend over the phone who is running into the username/password issue on a Mac. I don't use a Mac and I'm unable to guide him on where to look for the troubleshoot menu. Can someone post a screenshot of the menu so I can help him out?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

In the top right of his Mac screen, in the main macOS bar, there will be a black or white arrow. If you click it, the menu will show up.