Extra files after download

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
gokada

Extra files after download

Post by gokada »

Hello, I’m new to this forum and I have a quick question. After downloading a movie from couch potato, the mkv file is properly downloaded . However, there are a bunch of files appearing along with it. There’s no file extension or description associated with any of them. I’m assuming there’s a setting for SAB to clean it up but I’m not sure where it would be. I checked my settings and didn’t see anything. Deleting them doesn’t affect the mkv file but it’s a bit of a pain since downloading multiple movies results in a large number of these files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
chroma601

Re: Extra files after download

Post by chroma601 »

Just a user here, but I hope I can help. If you're running Windows 10, you can see file extensions by clicking on View in Explorer, then click on Show File Extensions. Once you know what extensions have been saved, open the Config dialog in SABnzbd (it's a little gear to the right of the wrench just right of the download speed indicator). Click on Switches, and about halfway down, in Post Processing, you have the options to ignore samples plus a box to enter the file extensions you don't wish to keep (I usually add .sfv to this box, as SABnzbd handles the extraction).
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Extra files after download

Post by safihre »

That should work!

Also, CouchPotato has an option to cleanup useless stuff.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate