Post Processing Scripts Always Running Twice, Duplicate Files

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Quandru

Post Processing Scripts Always Running Twice, Duplicate Files

Post by Quandru »

Hi folks,

I hope someone can help. This issue only started about a week ago. All of a sudden, every time an episode of something does post processing, it shows as "processing failed" in Sab. When I review the logs, it shows that for some reason the script actually ran twice. The first time it succeeded (and correctly processed and added the file to the right folder) and then for whatever reason ran again and failed due to not replacing an existing file of an identical size. It also then leaves a copy behind of the file in my completed directory to clutter things up.

This means that a system that has been running flawlessly for years has all of a sudden in the last week started falling over for no apparent reason. I've upgraded to the latest version to see if that resolves it but it doesn't. Does anybody have any thoughts or has anybody experienced this before? I've gone from not even needing to think of my setup to needing to check it several times a day and manually tidy up files and check on post processing logs, which is far from ideal :(

I'm running Sab 2.3.4 [2a113f7] on Server 2012 R2.

Thanks in advance!
Q.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Post Processing Scripts Always Running Twice, Duplicate Files

Post by safihre »

So your user-script is ran twice?
Maybe it calls itself twice? The file works fine without your script activated?

What does your script do, maybe SAB can already do it for you :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Quandru

Post by Quandru »

It's the default sabToSickBeard.exe one, but I hadn't made any changes to either sab or SickBeard and randomly the issue appeared :(
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Strange indeed, I think we need to look at the logs.
Can you enable +Debug in the Status and Interface settings window, then when it happens again, send me the log at [email protected]?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate