Insert a pause between queue jobs?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
AnonyMouse

Insert a pause between queue jobs?

Post by AnonyMouse »

Hello,

I recently got a bump in my Internet performance, and I think when I get a lot of things queued up, even with an SSD caching tier on my backend, I can get enough new data coming in, with the decode operations also happening, that things start falling behind. Once it starts falling behind, everything starts getting slower and slower as as the disk queue gets farther behind. So if I could, I'd like to be able to insert a brief pause between each job. Something like 10-15 seconds. Is it possible to do this? I didn't see anything that looked like what I was after.

I'm on Windows 10, sabbnzbd v2.3.4 [2a113f7].

Thank you!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Insert a pause between queue jobs?

Post by sander »

Wild guess: a post-processing script with a 15 second sleep?

Disclaimer: I don't know whether SAB waits for a pp-script before downloading the next download...
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

sander wrote: June 26th, 2018, 3:07 pm Disclaimer: I don't know whether SAB waits for a pp-script before downloading the next download...
There's a switch for that: Config -> Switches -> Post Processing -> Pause Downloading During Post-Processing.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
AnonyMouse

Post by AnonyMouse »

OneCD wrote: June 26th, 2018, 3:13 pm There's a switch for that: Config -> Switches -> Post Processing -> Pause Downloading During Post-Processing.
Ah, I missed it in the settings. That sounds like what I'm looking for, thanks!