Synology: after starting download no longer accessible

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
xBotRaid

Synology: after starting download no longer accessible

Post by xBotRaid »

I have a Synology DS118 and I recently installed SABnzbd. It worked quite well, but the last few days it starts to randomly crash after adding a NZB to the queue and waiting a couple of minutes. It happens somewhere in the middle of a download, then I can't access my NAS at all. I neither can connect to the interface of the Synology (Port 5000) nor to the SABnzbd or Sonarr/Radarr. When trying to connect via SSH it gives following error: "ecconn refused"

I don't think it's an issue of overloading the DS118, because the CPU usage when downloading / unpacking big files like I did earlier is usually around 5-60%.

Then after waiting a couple of minutes (5-10) it all starts slowly working again (everything is slow), nothing mentioned in the logs at all except for this in SABnzbd:

Code: Select all

[02/Jul/2018:18:37:44] HTTP 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 663, in respond
    self.body.process()
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cpreqbody.py", line 989, in process
    super(RequestBody, self).process()
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cpreqbody.py", line 558, in process
    proc(self)
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cpreqbody.py", line 223, in process_multipart_form_data
    process_multipart(entity)
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cpreqbody.py", line 215, in process_multipart
    part.process()
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cpreqbody.py", line 556, in process
    self.default_proc()
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cpreqbody.py", line 715, in default_proc
    self.file = self.read_into_file()
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cpreqbody.py", line 730, in read_into_file
    self.read_lines_to_boundary(fp_out=fp_out)
  File "/volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/_cpreqbody.py", line 669, in read_lines_to_boundary
    raise EOFError('Illegal end of multipart body.')
EOFError: Illegal end of multipart body.
Anybody got an idea why it crashes? What does this error mean and how could I probably avoid getting this crash?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Synology: after starting download no longer accessible

Post by sander »

What is in the log *before* that traceback?

Is there any client (browser, sonarr, ...) accessing SABnzbd? Because: cherrypy is the web API.

I found this (unsolved) issue https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/issues/557
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Probaby good to lower the download speed a bit, to around 90% of what it can do. So more CPU power is saved for other stuff.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
xBotRaid

Post by xBotRaid »

I just stopped Sonarr and Radarr, it's immediately faster now. As it seems, the download speed limitation isn't helping much.
Something is wrong with Radarr and / or Sonarr.

Any idea what could be wrong? (I know it's the wrong forum, but maybe someone can help)

I don't have the logs anymore, so sadly I can't send you the code before that "traceback".
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Sonarr and Radarr use the mono-framework, which is a port of the Windows C# programming language to Linux. However, it is very heavy. It's actually a bit too heavy for NAS'ses.. Especially if you run both Sonarr and Radarr.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
xBotRaid

Post by xBotRaid »

safihre wrote: July 9th, 2018, 1:39 am Sonarr and Radarr use the mono-framework, which is a port of the Windows C# programming language to Linux. However, it is very heavy. It's actually a bit too heavy for NAS'ses.. Especially if you run both Sonarr and Radarr.
Ok, I'm now switching to the idea of using my Raspberry Pi to run Sonarr / Radarr and then sending requests to my NAS'es SABnzbd client.
I'll see if it works...

Thanks