Unpacking Details

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
SABTerry1990

Unpacking Details

Post by SABTerry1990 »

When something has finished downloading, an unpack process starts at some point.

My Temporary Download folder is on an SSD drive. I was hoping the unpacking would also occur on the SSD drive and then when the unpack is finished, the unpacked files would be moved to the Completed Download folder on a spinning HDD. I'm running this in Linux on a low-powered Banana Pi and think the unpacking would be more CPU/hard disk intensive than the copy from the SSD to the spinning HDD. That's why I'd prefer to have the unpacking done on the SSD.

In a recent download, I noticed that the unpack was occurring in the Completed Download folder. Is that what's supposed to happen?

FYI, I use nzbToMedia as a post-processing script. The SABNZBD log looks like SABNZBD is doing the unpacking and then calls the script.

FYI, I'm still running 2.1 but I'm in no rush to upgrade as everything is working well. I will upgrade if the newer versions changed this behaviour or have configuration options to change the behaviour.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Unpacking Details

Post by sander »

I believe it's correct how you describe it.

Maybe this works: set Complete also to your SSD, and run a post-process-script to move to your HDD. Or in your case: alter nzbToMedia to do that.

HTH
SABTerry1990

Post by SABTerry1990 »

I was looking through the code and saw that the temporary working directory is set to the same value as the working directory which eventually is the completed directory.

In any case, your suggestion is great. I have nzbToMedia already set to move the file once it's completed.

So, your suggestion to move Complete to my SSD is also a great suggestion. Works out to do exactly what I need and no changes needed. I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

And then also update to 2.3.4 ;)

Maybe Direct Unpack is also having an effect?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
SABTerry1990

Post by SABTerry1990 »

Will be updating to 2.3.4 soon :)

Where can I find more info on Direct Unpack?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Direct Unpack starts the unacking to the Complete Folder while the download is still active, so you might already see files appear there while it downloads still.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate