9/10 downloads fail with corrupt rar file....

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
bizhop23

9/10 downloads fail with corrupt rar file....

Post by bizhop23 »

I am new to this but the odds of me choosing 12 downloads in a row that fail after verify with corrup rar files seems pretty unlikely to me. Can anyone help me out? Is this common?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 9/10 downloads fail with corrupt rar file....

Post by safihre »

Tell us more about your setup.
What OS are you on?
How did you install unrar and par2? It seems maybe 1 of those is not doing its thing.
Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window, this way after a download fails again you can inspect "par2 output" and "unrar output" to see what it failed on by clicking Show Logging.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
foxracinginc

Post by foxracinginc »

i don't want to hijack this thread but i also don't want to create another one with (almost) the same topic.

first off, amazing piece of software, been using sabnzbd for many years... i love what you guys do!

i'm also having issues with "Corrupt RAR file" lately. for me i'd say it's 5 out of 10 downloads that fail like this. interestingly, quick check always comes back OK on these, so par2 doesn't get to do its thing. so "Corrupt RAR file" downloads usually go like this: quick check says OK, par2 is being skipped and unrar fails.
i went ahead and downloaded some of those nzb's by hand and then ran par2 v on them, which reliably comes back "repair needed". which is a bit of a problem because i don't see a way of downloading par2 files with sabnzbd as long as quick check comes back OK (well, maybe modifying the nzb somehow to just contain the par2 files? didn't try, tho). there doesn't seem to be a way of deactivating quick check anymore, even for testing purposes (that functionality was removed on purpose, right? why not leave it in "special" so it doesn't bother anyone but is there when needed in rare cases? i'm sure you had your reasons, but i don't understand).
it's not like par2 is completely out of the picture either, there are downloads that do get repaired sometimes, but most of the downloads that need repair pass quick check just fine and fail at the unrar stage. so, how do i troubleshoot quick check? what even happens during quick check?
any help is greatly appreciated, much love and thanks in advance!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Could you enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again send me the log at [email protected]?
We need to see why it skips repair or maybe something is actually wrong with par2 command on your device.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
foxracinginc

Post by foxracinginc »

Absolutely, thank you so much!
Mail just went out :)

Things changed a little though, as only 1 of the 4 failed downloads (Corrupt RAR file) actually failed to verify manually via par2.
The other 3 verified and unpacked fine by hand, so this has to be something on my end. Surely down to the unusual (and somewhat pointless) VM setup.
foxracinginc

Post by foxracinginc »

Just FYI, a few months back I added some cheap RAM modules I had lying around and forgot to deactivate the XMP profile of the higher end modules. I finally did that like a week ago and have not seen a "Corrupt RAR file" since. I guess the cheaper modules just couldn't keep up with the timings and voltage settings of the more expensive ones. Problem solved =)