Best Location for SABNZBD temporary and final download folders

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
rjames

Best Location for SABNZBD temporary and final download folders

Post by rjames »

Hello,

I'm fairly new at this, but my setup is a laptop running SABNZBD, Couchpotato and Sickrage serving media to a plex server on a shield TV. The issue that I'm running into is that anytime I try to serve something to the shield TV or when SABNZD tries to unpack the files, I either get errors or the process is extremely slow (>10mbps). Both devices are connected wirelessly, but relatively close to the router.

My question is what I should use to send the files to the shield tv without getting tons of errors. I've tried using the laptop as the temporary location with the shield being the final destination as well as having the shield as both locations.

Is there a better way I should be doing this. Also, is there a good guide I can follow with recommended steps for my setup? I've essentially been winging it and I'm a bit of a noob. My other issue is how I should go about getting everything renamed and sorted. I can't get that to work at all, but I'm assuming I've done something wrong in the settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Best Location for SABNZBD temporary and final download folders

Post by sander »

Only use disks directly in the system sab is running on. No NAS, no network drives.
Wired Ethernet. No Wi-Fi