Top speed modem and SabNZBD crawls. Usenet does not.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
opentoe

Top speed modem and SabNZBD crawls. Usenet does not.

Post by opentoe »

Ok, I have a 1Gbit Internet connection. I can just about visit and speed site and confirm I get 950Mbs or more download speeds consistently. It is great. Soon as throw a few NZB's at SAB from Sonarr the highest speeds I get are only 2MB/sec. Seriously? I've read eveywhere all the tips/tricks you can do and anothing helps. Once in a blue moon I can see connecting to all 4 of my usenet providers not the best speeds all the time, but my god, isn't 2MB/sec a high end RS232 modem? Is there ANYWHERE I can check within the sabNZBD program on why it would be so slow. Yes, been to the tuning area and put down 125MB for the first line and 100 percentage of line speed. Cache limit I have it as 2G. I'm also a little confused about what's the best PAR to use, or the one that comes with it is just fine? I also use the extra command -ic6 so par2 uses all my cores all the time.
Help, I'm speed deprived using SAB! :)

UPDATE: The desktop Sab is running on is a powerful Intel based machine with 64GB of RAM. All SSD's using a high performance and tuff Asus Sabertooth X99. The computer runs a $1100 i7 processor which doesn't really skip a beat with anything. I'm also running several other front end programs on it but I have turned everything off and Sab still performs pretty bad. 64GB of ram, 1Gbit, and the space with SSDs and I can't get good performance with Sab. HELP!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Top speed modem and SabNZBD crawls. Usenet does not.

Post by safihre »

In your other reply you seemed to suggest we are just being lazy and solving performance problems would be as easy as learning how to code.
Due to that we don't feel very obliged to help you further.

Personally I have a 5 year old i5 with 8GB memory and it achieves stable 110MB/s speeds with SABnzbd, indicating it's probably something specific on your system (and not us being lazy).
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
opentoe

Re: Top speed modem and SabNZBD crawls. Usenet does not.

Post by opentoe »

safihre wrote: August 7th, 2018, 5:55 am In your other reply you seemed to suggest we are just being lazy and solving performance problems would be as easy as learning how to code.
Due to that we don't feel very obliged to help you further.

Personally I have a 5 year old i5 with 8GB memory and it achieves stable 110MB/s speeds with SABnzbd, indicating it's probably something specific on your system (and not us being lazy).
Thats amazing. The whole idea of me upgrading to a Gbit connection is to get that fast download speed. Unless the usenet providers I use are capping speeds not sure what it could be. Hey, could even be the ISP. Sees that usenet port and then caps that traffic. That would be a shame. Maybe the providers I use have some random ports I can use and test it out.