Automatic queue repair on startup?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
JustKuz

Automatic queue repair on startup?

Post by JustKuz »

I have a fairly custom setup for sabnzbd and the files it downloads. With this setup I have the need to force sabnzbd to automatically repair the queue and add jobs back to the queue. Is there a way to automate this or a setting?

background (maybe there is an easier way). Basically my downloads and incomplete folders reside on a ram drive. When I shutdown the system a script moves the incomplete folder to storage, and when the system starts back up it moves it back to the ram drive where sabnzbd is setup for. I then manually have to open sabnzbd and do a queue repair to get things moving again. Looking for a better way.

Thanks!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Automatic queue repair on startup?

Post by sander »

JustKuz wrote: August 29th, 2018, 9:17 am I then manually have to open sabnzbd and do a queue repair to get things moving again. Looking for a better way.

Thanks!
A queue repair? So not retry a job in History?

I see nothing in the SABnzbd API documentation to do this. Oh, wait: maybe via "api?mode=FUNCTION" ... fill out "repair" ... ?

And/or: If you're a programmer, you can consider Selenium to automate your current manual SAB-WebGUI. Combine with Selenium Chrome Extension to do a screen recording.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

On startup you can supply a repair parameter to the script, you could run that by default?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
JustKuz

Post by JustKuz »

Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually able to modify my move script and utilize rsync instead and it seems to work better . It is able to preserve attribute and permissions which seems like where sabnzbd was getting hung up with the file moves before and needing queue repair. I'll run with this for awhile to see if any other issues arise.

Thank you for the replies!