Download speed constantly fluctuating on and off

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
nagel0r

Download speed constantly fluctuating on and off

Post by nagel0r »

I have been running SabNZB as a docker on an unraid server for a few years now with no issues.

Recently I have encountered an issue where sabnzb won't download properly. The download seems to fluctuate between normal speed for a few seconds back down to zero for a few minutes before starting up again. Over time it looks like a square wave and drastically increases download times.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the double NAT system I have had to change to, to get my network to work with my new ISPs (Sky) router/modem?

Essentially I have two routers, my own UNIFI router and network infrastructure running 0n 192.168.1.# and the ISPs modem/router running on 192.168.0.#. To get dockers like OpenVPN and Plex working outside my network I have had to forward specific ports to the IP of my Unifi router as well as to my docker server. This seems to work fine but I am wondering if I have to do something similar to allow Sabnzb to download from usenet?

This may be a red herring and something else is causing the issue but any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Download speed constantly fluctuating on and off

Post by safihre »

Maybe you can enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again, click Show Logging and inspect any network events. Maybe it's disconnecting or loosing connections?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
nagel0r

Re: Download speed constantly fluctuating on and off

Post by nagel0r »

Thanks, I have tried that but it fails to open a window with the debug info. It's possible it's because I'm connecting remotely. I'll try again later when I'm on site.