New ISP, new router, SAB hosed.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mcdj

New ISP, new router, SAB hosed.

Post by mcdj »

Hi all, hoping someone can help.

I had SABNZBD running smoothly for years on Time Warner. I've since moved and changed ISPs to a smaller Chicago company, SilverIP. And I've gone from an Airport Extreme to a Synology RT2600AC.

I can connect to SAB locally on 192.168.1.187:8080 no problem. But I can't connect remotely via my iPhone on LTE.

In the past, I simply changed the IP to my public IP and added :8080 to the URL. That is no longer working.

For the life of me I can't figure out port forwarding. I've added my local IP and port 8080 to both the firewall exceptions and to port forwarding, at least I thin k I did. The Synology SRM interface is more complex than Apple's and I don't even remember how I set up the Apple router.

Could someone point me to a walkthrough or explain what goes where on the Synology SRM interface? Do I have to add my public IP somewhere or is the forwarding/opening all based on my local IP?

I read somewhere that SAB remote access is only available on HTTPS, but when I set that up, my iPhone cries about the certificate and gives me no way to trust it.

I'm a tiny bit more tech savvy than many, but this stuff is doing me head in.

Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New ISP, new router, SAB hosed.

Post by safihre »

Hmmm, I would ask Synology (forums) for this. I don't have this specific router so can't help.
Maybe Google knows?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate