SAB Deleting the History

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
headhoncho

SAB Deleting the History

Post by headhoncho »

I run SAB 2.3.4 + Sonarr + Plex on a Windows 8 machine - starting a few months ago my history is being deleted in SAB, and I don't want it deleted - each time this happens there is a "warning" at the top of the page, and it is always similar to this, with the file name different each time (I replaced the tv show file name with xxxxx as I'm not sure of the rules for mentioning actual shows):

Code: Select all

ERROR 	[22/Aug/2018:14:00:54] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last): File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", 
 line 670, in respond File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", 
 line 220, in __call__ File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", 
 line 60, in __call__ File "sabnzbd\interface.pyo", line 496, in api File "sabnzbd\api.pyo", 
 line 111, in api_handler File "sabnzbd\api.pyo", line 362, in _api_retry File "sabnzbd\api.pyo", 
 line 1526, in retry_job File "sabnzbd\nzbqueue.pyo", line 223, in repair_job File "sabnzbd\nzbstuff.pyo", 
 line 748, in __init__ WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'\\\\?\\C:\\videos\\tvshows\\incomplete\\xxxxx\\__ADMIN__' 
Why all of a sudden is it looking for something in the incomplete folder? The shows have already unpacked successfully and are in their proper folder. And why delete my history when it can't find it? Also, it opens a new tab of SAB in addition to the one that's already open.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SAB Deleting the History

Post by safihre »

Something is calling the repair_function. Did you maybe start a Queue-repair? Or hit Retry? That's when it will call this function and use the original NZB to restore the job.
How do you start SABnzbd?
You should exclude your Incomplete-folder from your virusscanner, as this is usually the cause of WindowsErrors.

Also make sure to check Sonarr, there is a setting in Download-Client page to delete completed downloads from the history of the Download-Client. Maybe you have this enabled?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
headhoncho

Post by headhoncho »

safihre wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 1:44 am Something is calling the repair_function. Did you maybe start a Queue-repair? Or hit Retry? That's when it will call this function and use the original NZB to restore the job.
No, this happens with no input from me - I'll see the history on the screen one minute, then look at the screen later and the history is gone, and there's a warning notification at the top of the page.
safihre wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 1:44 am How do you start SABnzbd?
I have an icon on the desktop that points to the sab exe file
safihre wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 1:44 am You should exclude your Incomplete-folder from your virusscanner, as this is usually the cause of WindowsErrors.
Ok, I'll try that!
safihre wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 1:44 am Also make sure to check Sonarr, there is a setting in Download-Client page to delete completed downloads from the history of the Download-Client. Maybe you have this enabled?
I thought of that - so I went in and disabled it a few weeks ago
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

In your crash it says "_api_retry".
This indicates that something/someone clicked the Retry button in the interface, or made a request via the API.
So SAB isn't doing it on it's own.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
headhoncho

Post by headhoncho »

safihre wrote: September 6th, 2018, 1:44 am In your crash it says "_api_retry".
This indicates that something/someone clicked the Retry button in the interface, or made a request via the API.
So SAB isn't doing it on it's own.
I know that no one is clicking anything because this is a separate computer that is only used for this type of thing - and I'm the only one here, and it's on the other side of the room

As for API requests, it's been so long since I set everything up, but the only other programs are Sonarr/Plex/LazyLibrarian and PlexPy/Tautulli

If it helps, here is the corresponding entry from the log (what I included in my OP was the warning text) - I x'd out the plex token and tv show name:

2018-08-22 14:00:54,831::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/Aug/2018:14:00:54] HTTP
Request Headers:
HOST: 127.0.0.1:8080
CONNECTION: close
Remote-Addr: 127.0.0.1
USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_2) AppleWebKit/537.74.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.2 Safari/537.74.9
X-PLEX-TOKEN: xx
ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip
2018-08-22 14:00:54,831::ERROR::[_cplogging:219] [22/Aug/2018:14:00:54] HTTP
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 670, in respond
File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 220, in __call__
File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 60, in __call__
File "sabnzbd\interface.pyo", line 496, in api
File "sabnzbd\api.pyo", line 111, in api_handler
File "sabnzbd\api.pyo", line 362, in _api_retry
File "sabnzbd\api.pyo", line 1526, in retry_job
File "sabnzbd\nzbqueue.pyo", line 223, in repair_job
File "sabnzbd\nzbstuff.pyo", line 748, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'\\\\?\\C:\\videos\\tvshows\\incomplete\\xx.S01E07.WEBRip.x264-TBS\\__ADMIN__'
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So how did the plex token get in there? Seems it's on of your third party ones that's making an invalid api request.

Although it's a bit bad of Sab to crash on that. I should investigate.

Maybe you can try with only partial automation?
headhoncho

Post by headhoncho »

safihre wrote: September 8th, 2018, 5:23 am So how did the plex token get in there? Seems it's on of your third party ones that's making an invalid api request.

Although it's a bit bad of Sab to crash on that. I should investigate.

Maybe you can try with only partial automation?
I don't know how the token got in there - the incomplete directory is inside my tv shows folder, so Plex would scan it along with the other folders containing the videos - that's the only thing I can think of - but I've had this same setup for several years, and this only just started happening sometime last January - at first it was only every month or two, then it increased in frequency so much that now it happens every day or two.

And it just happened again a few minutes ago - I turned on debugging a few days ago - should I PM you the file?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yes send me the log at [email protected] :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The crash will no longer happen in the next version of SABnzbd.
headhoncho

Post by headhoncho »

Great! And it won't delete the history? That's my main issue - before this started, I had tons of history and was pretty bummed that I lost it, and kept losing it!

I did change the api key as you suggested in an email.

ETA: changing the api key didn't help
headhoncho

Post by headhoncho »

Well this is embarrassing :-(

I opened Plex on my Roku on the weekend and usually I just go directly to the tv shows to pick one to watch, without paying attention to the rest of the icons on the screen - but this time I happened to notice a SAB channel/app - I don't remember installing it, or why, and it had to have been at least 4 - 5 years ago

I bet that's the reason for the Plex token in my SAB log - and also the reason for the issues I was having - so I uninstalled it Saturday night, and so far so good

Now, why after all those years the SAB app suddenly stopped playing nice is a mystery, but I don't really care - if uninstalling it stops SAB from deleting the history, I'm happy!

It's only been 3 days since I removed the SAB app, so I'm not 100% confident yet that that was causing the problems, but I think it's pretty likely.