RSS Filter Question - If/Then/Else?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
break

RSS Filter Question - If/Then/Else?

Post by break »

Hey Folks.

I am a long time user of SABNZBD, but just started using RSS feeds. RSS Feeds are AWESOME, but I cannot seem to figure out how to address a filter issue.

I have a basic filter to download 1080 content. Here it is:

By default, my filter is set to this:
- Reject: "SD"
- Reject: 720
- At Most: 3.5G
- Accept: *

On occasion, the filter downloads both a 4K and 1080P version of a content. Is there any way to "Prefer" 4K over 1080P? If the 4K is less than 3.5GB, I want it and to ignore the 1080p version. If it the 4K version is over 3.5g, I want to just download the 1080p version.

I couldn't figure if I can write "If/Then/Else" logic into the RSS filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Break
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: RSS Filter Question - If/Then/Else?

Post by jcfp »

break wrote: September 10th, 2018, 11:51 amOn occasion, the filter downloads both a 4K and 1080P version of a content. Is there any way to "Prefer" 4K over 1080P? If the 4K is less than 3.5GB, I want it and to ignore the 1080p version. If it the 4K version is over 3.5g, I want to just download the 1080p version.

I couldn't figure if I can write "If/Then/Else" logic into the RSS filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You may not need any such logic. Filters are analyzed in order and the first one matched will be selected. Hence, rather than rejecting only some lower quality profiles and accepting everything else you could filter for size, then explicitly accept 4k and 1080p in the preferred order, and (implicitly) reject everything else at the end.

Even so, using rss feeds for this kind of thing has its limitations. You could still end up with multiple hits for the same quality or extra hits when the same content reappears later on. Consider using a third party application that integrates with sab to handle the quality choices (and duplicate detection, etc.) for you, many have extended options in that department including the ability to upgrade to a better quality if that were to become available at a later time.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Such examples of great programs would be Sonarr (TV) and Radarr (movies).
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
break

Post by break »

Hi jcfp,

Thanks for the great suggestion. I will take a look at modifying the sequence of my rss feed rules.

So based on your suggestion, I should write my rules like this:

- at Most: 3.5G
- Accept: 4K
- Accept: 1080
- Reject: *

So based on that logic.. if a file is less then 3.5G, the 4k version will be downloaded. If 4k doesn't exist, the 1080p; will be next. The rest will be rejected. Makes sense.

Safihre,

Thanks for the suggestion on sonarr and radarr. I already use sonarr, but will give radarr a run. The content I am using RSS feeds are not listed in Sonarr or Radarr, if you get my drift ;)

Thanks again!!
break

Post by break »

Just a quick update. The RSS Filter did not work as intended. It downloaded the 4k.. then it downloaded the 1080p version.

I was looking at some documentation, and it says the filter accepts RegEx syntax. I am no regex expert, but I am going to give that a shot. I will report back when I figure it out.

- Break