SABNZBD+ won't start: ChannelFailures: SSLError(185073780

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
pisanis

SABNZBD+ won't start: ChannelFailures: SSLError(185073780

Post by pisanis »

Hi,

I am having a problem starting recent version of SABNZBD+ on my QNAP TS419PII. This used to work, but I suspect I may have broken something with regards to SSL or Python configuration,

When I start this up, (whilst it reports that it is started), it is not... (or maybe just dies straight after startup). I sought help from the QNAP forum - there is a thread in that forum which has the history but as a new poster in this forum, - I can't post the link for you unfortunately... (There is a topic in the QNAP/SABNZBD+ forum with the same subject line "SABNZBD+ won't start' - which has all the history that brings me to this point.. )

Summarising - In the last post on the topic, we seem to have discovered an SSL issue, after launching SAB in 'Live' mode - here is the error message:

ChannelFailures: SSLError(185073780, u'[X509: KEY_VALUES_MISMATCH] unknown error (_ssl.c:2798)')

Any suggestions ?

Happy to revert to previous version, but equally would like to stay current. Perhaps there are some settings in an .ini file w/to HTTPS that I can clear out to get it started, then I can use the GUI to re-configure properly ?

Thanks
OneCD

Re: SABNZBD+ won't start

Post by OneCD »

Here's the original thread: https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=143605

And the fault that is occurring when starting SABnzbd on this NAS:

Code: Select all

2018-09-28 08:51:59,998::ERROR::[_cplogging:219] [28/Sep/2018:08:51:59] ENGINE Error in 'start' listener <bound method Server.start of <cherrypy._cpserver.Server object at 0x1b777a8>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/SABnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 207, in publish
    output.append(listener(*args, **kwargs))
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/SABnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 167, in start
    self.httpserver, self.bind_addr = self.httpserver_from_self()
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/SABnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 158, in httpserver_from_self
    httpserver = _cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(self)
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/SABnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi_server.py", line 64, in __init__
    self.server_adapter.ssl_certificate_chain)
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/SABnzbdplus/cherrypy/wsgiserver/ssl_builtin.py", line 56, in __init__
    self.context.load_cert_chain(certificate, private_key)
SSLError: [X509: KEY_VALUES_MISMATCH] unknown error (_ssl.c:2798)

2018-09-28 08:52:00,002::ERROR::[_cplogging:219] [28/Sep/2018:08:52:00] ENGINE Shutting down due to error in start listener:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/SABnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 245, in start
    self.publish('start')
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/SABnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 225, in publish
    raise exc
ChannelFailures: SSLError(185073780, u'[X509: KEY_VALUES_MISMATCH] unknown error (_ssl.c:2798)')
I'm out-of-my-depth with SSL, so I'm hoping you guys can take a look at this one, please. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

For a start, I would:

stop SABnzbd
remove server.cert and server.key (normally in ~/.sabnzbd/admin/)
and start SABnzbd again from the CLI.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Thanks @sander. 8)

@pisanis, your files will be in [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SABnzbdplus/config/admin/]
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
pisanis

Post by pisanis »

Yay !!

Done that - and it's all working.. !

I stopped, and restarted also from QNAP's console (so, not from the command line). I see it re-created a default server.* files.

Thanks all - and thanks @OneCd.

Now I need to find valid cert and keys, so that I can properly secure this site.

cheers -
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Good work. I knew @sander would have the answer. :D
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

pisanis wrote: September 28th, 2018, 1:39 am Yay !!

Done that - and it's all working.. !
Nice.

pisanis wrote: September 28th, 2018, 1:39 am Now I need to find valid cert and keys, so that I can properly secure this site.
See https://letsencrypt.org/