SAB directory on Asustor NAS

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
buddyweiser

SAB directory on Asustor NAS

Post by buddyweiser »

I am trying to reset the password in SABnzbd. I saved the user/pass on my desktop when i first setup Sab. I had to restart my NAS today and then had to login to SAB, however my credentials would not work. I found a reddit post talking about SAB on NAS systems, and found that I can reset the password by editing this config file- /volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/var/config.ini But I cannot find out how to access the volume1 directory. I am running ADM 3.2.1.RKU4 on an Asustor AS6204T. I have had SABnzbd running perfectly in conjunction with Sonarr for weeks, but I cannot access Sabnzbd now...PLEASE HELP
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SAB directory on Asustor NAS

Post by safihre »

Can you login using SSH?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
buddyweiser

Post by buddyweiser »

safihre wrote: October 8th, 2018, 12:34 am Can you login using SSH?
Thanks for the quick reply, but I managed to figure out my issue. I thought my User ID was admin, but it was something else. the password was the same. I realized this when I went into Sonarr settings to look at configured download clients and saw the User ID.

I understand that the Asustor ADM software is basically a modified version of linux. I am almost a complete linux n00b, so I don't know how to ssh into the Asustor. However, I would think the config file would be better if located in the Home directory for easier access to the average NAS user...
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Usually it is, but because we have to use the special package structure of the Asustor software we are not allowed to write to that directory.
If you install SABnzbd on for example Ubuntu, it will be in home.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate