Nzbs.org Files Stuck at 99%

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sullydavid

Nzbs.org Files Stuck at 99%

Post by sullydavid »

I am currently running sabnzbd 2.3.5. I recently started noticing problems with downloads from one of my indexers (Nzbs.org) getting stuck at 99%. I have used this indexer for 8 years and don't recall this type of problem. I have also been using Sabnzbd for several years, also without a problem.

All of my tests were on obfuscated files. GUI shows 99% complete but the fractional sizing shows complete, for example:
99% 499MB/499MB

Clicking on the folder icon of a download within the GUI takes me to a list of the files. In each instance I see the obfuscated par2 file downloaded and all rar files. None of the extended par2 files are downloaded. However there is always a single file that appears obfuscated that hasn't downloaded, but the given size is 0.00 MB. I never see an attempt by Sabnzbd to try to download that file. I never see a reference to that missing file in the logs.

All Rar files appear to download properly and get detected and renamed without issue. Sabnzbd just never attempts to unrar them. I can manually unrar them and the files appear normal.

I only see this with one indexer (Nzbs.org). I also use Nzbgeek and do not have any problems with files completing.

I am looking for assistance in diagnosing this problem or see if anyone else is having a similar problem with nzbs.org or another indexer.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nzbs.org Files Stuck at 99%

Post by safihre »

How many servers do you have?
Maybe try to disable the one you use the least, I am still trying to fix this problem but it's been very hard.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sullydavid

Post by sullydavid »

The server question seemed like an easy one initially, but as I looked into it to verify I quickly got myself more confused. I am going to try to explain what I am seeing now.

I only ever manually set up one server. This server is for news.usenet.farm. It was set up with the provided username/password I got from my service provider even though it is an odd combination. It also was set up for 40 connections.
However when I looked at the server list there are now two other servers configured:
news.usenet.farm@1
news.usenet.farm@2

Each of the two additional servers were enabled and configured for 1 connection. They also used a different port and username than the manually configured server.

That is how things were when I made my original post. When I went in to look at the server settings I had about a half dozen downloads still stuck at the 99% point as originally reported. I disabled the @1 and @2 server and the files all completed and unrared without further action by me.

However I tried a new download and it wouldn't ever start with the @1 and @2 disabled. As a test I re-enabled the @1 (not the @2) and the next attempt downloaded to 99% as originally reported. Disabling again allows the the completion of the download and unrar.

Following is a sample of the log message that is fired off as soon as I disable the @1 and @2 servers and seems to lead to the job being able to complete:
2018-10-10 13:53:18,283::INFO::[decoder:323] <Article: article=7jo3dmr-sclng19x@r69x8fiye5b$h4-q7, bytes=3153, partnum=1, art_id=None> => missing from all servers, discarding

I appreciate any help on this as I don't understand how those servers got configured in the first place or why they seem to be affecting.
sullydavid

Post by sullydavid »

One other thing to add. When using my secondary indexer (NZBGeek) files seems to download without issue regardless of the settings of the @1 and @2 servers. Just as a test I tried a third indexer and it also worked fine regardless of the @1 or @2 settings.

So the @1 and @2 servers only seem to have a negative affect on nzb files originating from nzbs.org.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The file you see is a fake file added by the indexer for tracking purposes to see where their original content lands on other indexer sites. It's not a real file at all.

What if you just remove all servers and only add the 1 server (new)?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sullydavid

Post by sullydavid »

I deleted all servers and readded the main. All seems to be working at this time. I will monitor for the next day or so.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I never would have suspected that odd server issues.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Unfortunatly that's all I know about this issue: it has to do with servers failing, but that should of course not cause SAB to fail.. This I really need to fix.