Download speed is slower than usual

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
tboggie1

Download speed is slower than usual

Post by tboggie1 »

Hi All,

I have noticed my download speed on SABnzbd has dropped from about 10.5 MB/s on average to 6 MB/s.

I have contacted my Internet provider and Usenet provider (usenetserver) and nothing has changed from their end.

I'm running a Docker container on my UnRaid server - both running the latest version. I ran a speed test on my server and I got Download: 114.12 Mbit/s and Upload: 24.05 Mbit/s

On the network section on the unRaid dashboard, I'm seeing: eth0 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

I have also tried other ports in the SABnzbd server configuration page, with and without SSL, still no improvement.

Here is my currect configuration: Host: usenetserver | Port = 563 | SSL = checked | Connections = 8 | Priority = 0

No changes to the router/network switch or ports (the same cable has been connected to the same port). I have restarted the router and still no luck with the speed.

Please, can anyone advise how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
T
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Download speed is slower than usual

Post by sander »

You could consider getting a free trial or a cheap block account at another usenet provider, and check the speed with them.
tboggie1

Post by tboggie1 »

sander wrote: October 20th, 2018, 2:48 am You could consider getting a free trial or a cheap block account at another usenet provider, and check the speed with them.
Thanks for the info. I just got signed up for a month of newsgroup.ninja to test the speed and with both servers active, download speed is around 11.5 MB/s.

Settings for each server
Connections=30
Priority = 0
SSL = Checked

Is this the expected download speed I should be getting? If not, please any other suggestions?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

tboggie1 wrote: October 20th, 2018, 6:06 am
sander wrote: October 20th, 2018, 2:48 am You could consider getting a free trial or a cheap block account at another usenet provider, and check the speed with them.
Thanks for the info. I just got signed up for a month of newsgroup.ninja to test the speed and with both servers active, download speed is around 11.5 MB/s.

Is this the expected download speed I should be getting? If not, please any other suggestions?
Yes. Because you wrote
I ran a speed test on my server and I got Download: 114.12 Mbit/s
... and 114 Mbit/s is about the same as 11.5 MB/s.

Wait ... you're not confusing bits versus Bytes, are you?
tboggie1

Post by tboggie1 »

Makes sense now. Thanks for your help!